Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 404 after server migration

Hi everyone,

I have migrated my Espo installation from a shared hosting provider to my own server running Ubuntu Server 16.04LTS. I have copied all files and set the correct permissions as detailed on the Espo website, I have also restored the database and edited the config.php file to change the database connection details and the siteurl. When I try to access the new installation all I get is the Espo banner at the bottom of the page and an error flash up at the top of the page saying "Error 404: Not found", it doesn't say what isn't found though. I have installed a clean version of Espo in another directory to make sure the server will run it ok and that one works fine, so there is something in my copied version that is stopping it running. I have been Googling this since yesterday morning but I can't find a solution that works. Please can someone help me?

Many thanks

Gareth

hi
    Did you set a right permission? Check apache log end espocrm log.

Comment

Hi tanya, thanks for your reply..

Yes I have set all the permissions based on https://www.espocrm.com/blog/server-...n-for-espocrm/ which says:-
      • “/data”, “/custom”, “/client/custom” – should be writable all files, directories and subdirectories (664 for files, 775 for directories, including all subdirectories and files).
      • “/application/Espo/Modules”, “/client/modules” – should be writable the current directory (775 for the current directory, 644 for files, 755 for directories and subdirectories).
      • All other files and directories should be readable (644 for files, 755 for directories).
      The apache and Espo logs do not have anything in them...

Comment

the possible reason is .htaccess file

Comment

Ok there is one in the root of the Espo directory which was copied with the files from the shared host, I have tried renaming it to stop it being used but that didn't make any difference. Is there something else I should do with it? With the clean install I did of Espo there are no .htaccess files at all.

Comment

I have solved the issue.. Turns out that .htaccess was not enabled on my Apache server and once I enabled it everything was fine.. I'm still not sure why the clean install of Espo didn't need a .htaccess file though..

Thanks for your help..

Comment

Working...
            X