No announcement yet.

Upgrade 2.2 -> 2.5.1 - 'Ajax failed' error on the Database configuration screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade 2.2 -> 2.5.1 - 'Ajax failed' error on the Database configuration screen

Hello,

Is there any documentation for upgrade? I did not find anything except an old post on the forum saying to install the new version on the old one, which I believe is incorrect as all customisations would be lost.

Here is what I did:
    . backup the current version from www\espo directory
    . delete this directory
    . download EspoCRM-2.5.1.zip and extract it in www\espo directory
    . launch espo Ok, but I have to start again all the install procedure
    . in the 'Database configuration' screen, I get an 'Ajax failed' error and ERROR: Json::decode(): [] [] in the log.
    I believe there is a problem of connectivity with mysql as it takes some time each time I intend to test the connection. I can access the database with PhPMyadmin

Finally, I did suppress the new release and reinstalled the backup files and everything is Ok with release 2.2.

I am used to install/upgrade J2EE .war files with Tomcat, but I don't know PHP.
    Is there some config files from the previous version I could copy into the new version in order to avoid this problem ?

Regards.

Hi

This should be a problem with file permissions. Not sure.

The default config is stored in application\Espo\Core\defaults\config.php
    Maybe rebuild is needed. You can do it manually by running command in shell: php rebuild.php

There is Upgrade menu item in a Administation page. You can download upgrade packages from http://sourceforge.net/projects/espocrm/

We should show this info on the upgrade page.

Comment

Ok. Upgrades are here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/espocrm/files/Upgrades/

I did not find this directory at first and started the upgrade with the full install EspoCRM-2.5.1.zip

To be noted that in the Administration -> Upgrade,
      . message is "Select uprade package" --> should be "Select upgrade"
      . when trying to upgrade with the full install, message error "It's not an uprgade package." --> should be "... not an upgrade ..."

Then I tried to upgrade directly to 2.5.1 because I have not seen that upgrade have to be done incrementally: 2.2 -> 2.3 -> 2.4, etc..
      Then I proceed so and it worked.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X