8.3 favicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.3 favicon

Hidden update! Look like favicon setting/information got changed. I lost my favicon, and it defaulting to EspoCRM and I'm too lazy to fix it now

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	165
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	107588

Likely you changed the favicon in a non-upgrade safe way, just by replacing the file. Not a hidden update.

Comment

A custom favicon image should be specified in metadata: app > client > favicon

Comment

Favicon not assigned in code - only $faviconAlternate. favicon always 'client/img/favicon.svg'
        Attached Files

Comment

It used faviconSvg param. Fixed: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...ef4dfe5aa5431d

Comment

Thank you! But no previous update since v6(?) change the favicon I set up (based on guide from another thread). Only in v8.3 it finally did something to it.

Comment

Same on my end..lost on 5-6 installations their favicon

I had them in a proper folder
              Last edited by Russ; 06-24-2024, 11:36 PM.

Comment

> I had them in a proper folder

This should not happen. Files should not be removed on upgrade, unless you overrode existing core files.

Comment

Looking at this commit SVG was support now: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...39deee04ee735f

I can't seem to find where to edit the Metadata config file. The documents just say: A favicon image. SVG or PNG The default value: client/img/favicon.svg.

Which may be sufficient for the technical smart. Reading the start of the Documents it say: metadata > app > client.

But I dont see any folder call Metadata. Looking at the old thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...ge-the-favicon

The file path is:
                  custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/app/client.json

This was my previous code

{
                  "favicon": "client/custom/img/favicon.png",
                  "favicon196": "client/custom/img/favicon196x196.png"
                  }​

Looking at the code commit and trying to be smart, I made the following edit:

{
                  "favicon": "client/custom/img/favicon.svg",
                  "faviconAlternate": "client/custom/img/favicon.ico"
                  }

​Next I go to the file/folder path and add these 2 file. Finally I can use my svg version of faivon. I see that my file still there! But the .svg is where it 'killed' the favicon in v8.3. I guess just upload a svg version and it should work?!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	14.0 KB ID:	107732

Refreshing and clearing cache does not seem to show it yet. I will wait a few days before trying again.
                  EspoCRM can detect the favicon as you can see in the Media Page Info view. But it also showing my default image too! Not sure at the moment how to 'fix' this.

Views:	81
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	107734

Views:	81
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	107733​​
                  Last edited by esforim; 06-25-2024, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X