No announcement yet.

Change Password - docker (no docker-compose) for espocrem and mysql database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Password - docker (no docker-compose) for espocrem and mysql database

How do I change the password for both espocrm and the mysql database for the docker containers (not using docker-compose here)?
    Is this possible to do via the GUI? I only have one user at the moment: admin.

For the most possible way to pass through the interface or through the other username and you receive a connection for the initializer, and for the donation base that is in the config-internal.php file location in the data

Comment

Can you please be more clear? I just cannot understand at all what you are saying.
      Are you saying: just use the GUI? So go into the Administration | Users | Admin (name of user) | Edit and then change the password there? Anything else I need to do?
      (I just want to make sure I don't lock myself out of the CRM/Mysql.)

Comment

Hi stef204,

To change the password for an administrator (or any user) in EspoCRM, you need to go to its detail view in the instance itself, click on the Edit button and set a new password in the appropriate fields. You can find out more about user passwords here: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/passwords.

To change the user database password, you need to go to the MySQL container and change the password there. Next, you should insert this new onepassword into {ESPOCRM_ROOT}/data/config-internal.php file and make a rebuild.

Command to enter the container (its name may vary):
        Code:
        docker exec -it espocrm-mysql bash
        Commands for changing the password: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/mysql-...-user-password.

Important: before such manipulations, make a backup of your instance: ​

Comment

Now I understand, thanks. I will read the instructions on the link you provided.
          Last edited by stef204; 06-17-2024, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X