Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Upgrade espocrm docker (no docker-compose)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Upgrade espocrm docker (no docker-compose)

I am currently running Version 8.2.4.
    Getting he following message now : "New EspoCRM version 8.2.5 is available. Please follow the instructions to upgrade your instance."

The instructions are for running espocrm on a server (straight, no docker.)
    I do not see specific references to upgrading espocrm when using docker, NOT docker-compose.

So, what is the procedure to follow when on uses straight docker, WITHOUT docker-compose?

Before starting the upgrade, make sure to backup your database and files. This will allow you to restore your instance in case of any issues.

docker stop <container_name>

docker pull espocrm/espocrm:8.2.5

Comment

docker pull espocrm/espocrm:8.2.5 successfully pulled in the new image.

I had to create a new container linked to the 8.2.5 image and run that together with the Mysql container (unchanged.)

I suppose I can delete the previous image (8.2.4) and its container in a few days, after I am satisfied all is well with version 8.2.5.

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by stef204; 06-16-2024, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Tried to upgrade to 8.3.0 and getting the following error message:

Code:
        docker pull espocrm/espocrm:8.3.0
        Error response from daemon: manifest for espocrm/espocrm:8.3.0 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown
        Can the development team push the new version and tag 8.3.0 to hub.docker.com please?

cross-posted to github
        Last edited by stef204; 06-22-2024, 03:31 PM.

Comment

As a further comment, I have the following problem and I suspect I am not doing it correctly.
          I always have missing configuration on the new docker image tag (after it is pushed to hub) and upon start of new version, I have to reinsert email passwords, locale, etc.
          I must be doing something wrong.

Above, BigBoss is giving the steps:

docker stop <container_name>
          Then I pull new image. And create new container since docker keeps telling me it cannot re-use the same container as older version and suggests deleting it.

Once I create new container based on updated image (latest) this happens: when I restart the sql container and new version of espocrm, I run into the problem above, always have to re-insert all kinds of passwords (email, smtp), reconfigure locale,etc.)

How do I avoid this? Is it possible to have settings persist when one updates espocrm?

reminder: I use docker (not docker compose).
          Last edited by stef204; 07-21-2024, 03:09 PM.

Comment

This was resolved here.

Comment

Working...
            X