Fetching emails - cron job in docker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetching emails - cron job in docker

Cross-posted to GH as ticket but perhaps forum is best channel for help.

Running Version 8.2.4 in docker (not docker compose).

All is working smoothly.

I set up a test personal email account, and connections test OK, test email gets sent properly, etc.

How do I set up a cron job inside the container so that emails get fetched? I looked at the instructions but cannot seem to apply them to using espocrm inside docker container.

I can fire up a shell using docker exec -it espocrm bash and docker exec -it espocrm bash -c "pgrep cron" returns nothing.

The admin portal gives this message:

Scheduled jobs are not running. Hence inbound emails, notifications and reminders are not working. Please follow the instructions to setup cron job.

Clueless here. Just getting started with docker so bear with me please.

Note 1: If there is a way to retrieve emails manually, without using a cron job, I might go that route, but I do not think it is possible with espocrm.

Note 2: I tried to fire up a shell and once in, I can see the cron.php file. If I then go: php -f cron.php​ I get this error message: Could not open input file: cron.php​

I'd usually think it's a permission problem but I'm logged in as root@........ and pwd is /var/www/html.

I think my shell was not inserting the characters of the file name correctly when typing it, for some reason. Using tab completion, the error message above disappeared after running php -f cron.php​. Can't see any cron process running but the message to setup cron job (above) is now gone.

Hi stef204,

I answered you on GitHub and suggest further discussion there if you don’t mind: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm-docker/issues/45.

Comment

yes, apologies, this was before I received your answers. Let's close this or feel free to remove it if you'd like. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X