Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPS_ & Server EspoCRM Control Panel

Hi all,

We recently got a VPS and will be moving EspoCRM to the new server. Looking for recommendation and what to use, first time using VPS and learning and we try. Here is the option available for us, I ignore the other two option as it does not include Control Panel and I'm afraid I will destroy everything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	161
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	100105Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	113
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	100106

My first learning is: I tried one of the CPanel as that is what I been using, unfortunately can't install I get a "You don't have license"... so now I have to research each and every one to compare.

I decide to go with CyberPanel after looking through half of the available option... CyberPanel allow for 1 Domain and Unlimited domain with their free licensing... which is good enough for now as I want to get my EspoCRM working (email stopped working due to my Shared Hosting database 6GB limit)

Comment

We recommend to use Docker, ubuntu. Spec of server should be adjusted to your needs and amount of users.

Comment

Hi emillod,
        why you recommend Docker ?
        it's just for a production environment a "add more complication" because you need more skill in my opinion.
        it's too dependant of skill of espcrm.

I use always Debian (since centos have go another branch).. virtuamin .. never have issue... and of course i have skill/experiment in this.

Comment

Thank you for the input... but docker? I tried it a few times on Windows system and never manage to get it to work properly or get to understand it. It also very annoying that it force me to upgrade Windows a few time to get it to work.

Also I'm not sure if my host have a Docker option and I'm too afraid to go that route currently.

Unfortunately they cant help me migrate my Shared Hosting to my VPS. So will need to do the transfer myself... this going to be a daunting endeavor but at least it will help teach me how to do it once we host server ourself instead of relying on 3rd party. This mean I need to learn as I go, thankfully they have a Article that seem to be quite long so I will wait till weekend and play with it and hopefully it up and running on Monday.

I have heard good thing about Docker in general, but I don't see enough use on the Forum to willing to risk using it, if there more user that use EspoCRM + Docker, at least that way I can get help/support from other user who share the same fate!
          Last edited by espcrm; 11-28-2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Hello Guys,
            we had one whole vps for many years only for our EspoCRM. It was working fine, but we've managed to create deploy with nginx and PHP-FPM on docker and it working great now.
            It's easier to manage that. Isolation, portability, efficiency. It's easy to scale. We're planning to share our configuration and hope it'll gain more popularity

Security is also improved thanks to containers. Of course it's choice of IT administrator. Right now we have almost everything on docker so that's why we recommend it here

Comment

We've created repository on our github where we'll add examples on how to manage Espo in various environments. Hope that'll convince users to use for example docker
              It's really not that difficult.
              dubas-pro/espocrm-for-devops: EspoCRM for DevOps examples. (github.com)

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                Already star and follow it.
            Working...
            X