Saving added items in a Multi-Enum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving added items in a Multi-Enum

I have created a Multi-Enum which contains 10 or 11 default items. I've checked the ability to "Allow Custom Options" but it doesn't save these custom options. My end users would like to have anything they add, become a default in the box so the next time they go to select an option, everything they've added themselves, above and beyond the defaults, show in the box as well.

Is this possible? If figured it would be a checkbox option as well but it doesn't appear to be.

Thanks!

I get the problem. User defined options are not stored in the database, so they are not available after having used in one record for another one. I don`t know if it would be an option for you, how I solved a similar problem. I also wanted my users to enable to save their personal options and I did the following:

I created an entity only for the user options, very simple and with nothing else. Then I connected that entity by n:n relationship to the entity, where the options where needed. It is no multi enum field, but behaves very similar. And the options are saved in the database.

Comment

I'm new to ESPO so bare with me, but would it be possible to add in some code so that when the Multi-Enum is drawn on the screen, it would do a "select unique from INDUSTRIE" type of thing and add in anything custom that the end user has already added. (INDUSTRIE is the field I created for the Multi-Enum)

Comment

The multi-enum does not support such an ability. Here's solution that requires coding: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...defined-values

I'd recommend using the many-to-many relationship, with a link-multiple field enabled. It will behave the similar way as, for example, the Teams field. In the next version there will be also the ability to enable a 'Plus' button (for quick item create) and to enable auto-complete on input focus (so that dropdown with possible values appears when you put a cursor on the input).

Comment

Working...
        X