• Show
Clear All

• What PDF engine do you use?

Dompdf
    63.64%
    Tcpdf
    36.36%

The poll is expired.

domPDF only because it is 'new', honestly I haven't update PDF template since v6 since it too hard to get it look "good"

Comment

tcpdf only because of the sheer amount of work it would take to port everything to dompdf, if it wasnt for that - dompdf 100%

Comment

• DashingUno
        DashingUno commented
        Editing a comment
        The complex ones are broken for sure, if you are looking into compatibility issues, I will have time this week to check out what exactly breaks between dompdf/tcpdf, if that is something that can assist you in future development

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm more concerned about hurdles our users may run into while migrating to Dompdf. Tcpdf is quite dated library, I'm not sure whether the author will eventually put out the new improved version. We are going to prioritize Dompdf support, Tcpdf will be a legacy, still supported but not that prioritized.

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        TCPDF - PHP PDF Library - https://tcpdf.org. Contribute to tecnickcom/tc-lib-pdf development by creating an account on GitHub.

The next 'version' of TCPDF, when it be release candidate is unknown

Found two template online that look relative good with the neatness of it... something to start with. It uses Table format, unfortunately I don't have much use of it yet as it is for Invoice.

For domPDF

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	101774

Comment

I think it would be nice to post more examples here, so anyone can ee, what is possible. Will do a start:

Invoice template from custom invoice entity (Sales Artwork)
        Engine: TCPDF, tables, conditional tags, no break inside an item, pagination, DIN A 4, Font: DejaVuSans

I do not use the wysiwyg Editor. I prepare in an editor the HTML and then copy it to code view.

Comment

A style parameter will be added in PDF Templates in v8.2: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2949

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            My CSS level is as good as my coding skill.

Will this change everything to be PDF to be (easily) beautified...?
        Working...
        X