• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "from" of mail is empty. 

Hello,

I test module case with the lastest version 8.0.4
    I activated "Auto-reply"
    After send mail to address, I receive mail "[#3] Case has been created" but the "from" of mail is empty.
    For information, this problem is not present in 8.0.0

PHP 8.2.4
    MariaDB 10.4.28

Best regards,
    Steph

Hi steph,

Could you please send a screenshot of exactly what the email looks like?
    I tested this functionality on EspoCRM v8.0.4, and everything is displayed correctly.

Comment

Hi,

In the mail, from is empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	220
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	99426

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	214
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	99427

The test mail is OK.
      Thanks,​

Comment

steph,

Thank you for providing this information.

Can you please also show the settings of your Email Account and Outbound Emails in EspoCRM? Then, I will try to accurately reproduce the problem and find a solution.​

Comment

Hi,

Please find screenshots :
          In black is mail address.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	3 Size:	16.8 KB ID:	99513Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	3 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	99514

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	3 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	99516
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	3 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	99517​​

Thanks​

Comment

steph,

It looks like your email provider may be removing the name. Also, can you please show how an email looks like if it is sent to a Gmail email address, for example?

Comment

No, my provider is Office 365 Professional.
              With button "Send Test Email" in EspoCRM, the from is correct.

I test with gmail address, same problem :​
              50 5.7.350 Remote server returned message detected as spam -> 550 5.7.1 [52.100.14.249] Our system has detected that this message is not RFC;5322 compliant:;'From' header is missing.;To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been;blocked.

Comment

There was no any change between 8.0.0 and 8.0.4 that could affect this functionality.

Comment

The last months there had been lots of problems first place with gmail accounts (to address), because of missing SPF or DKIM configuration on sender side. Gmail rejects all emails coming from a sender without that configuration (which before was not mandatory).
                  The error message not necessarily maybe correct, so it is worth to see if your send account has SPF or DKIM configured.

Comment

Hi,

I do new installation from scratch.
                    Same problem, the email is OK with "Send Test Email" button but the from is empty in auto reply case.​

Comment

Hi,
                      I do new test :

With another provider (OVH) is OK.
                      With "smtp-mail.outlook.com" (Microsoft Office 365) is OK only if "Reply To Address " is "None"....

Why ?
                      Last edited by steph; 11-11-2023, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                        Any idea on this bug?

Comment

For now, everything indicates that stripping happens on Outlook side. Maybe it's how their SMTP work when you specify a Reply-To header. We can't call it a "bug" in this case. The bug is a flaw in the program.

Comment

I have test with smtp.office365.com, same problem.
                            I suppose the problem is with the call SMTP so Espocrm.​

Comment

smtp.office365.com and outlook are the same company, maybe same configuration.

Comment

Working...
                              X