Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry Regarding Database Size and Performance Optimization

Hello Developer,
    I am writing to inquire about a concern related to the size of my database and instances. Our organization has been utilizing Espo for the past three years, primarily utilizing the stream section to post updates.
    Recently, I performed a database backup in preparation for upgrading to the latest instance. To my surprise, the actual size of the database turned out to be approximately 20 GB. Upon further investigation using PHPMyAdmin, I discovered that a significant portion, around 98%, of the database size is attributed to a single entity, namely "note" (stream).
    In light of this, I have a few questions regarding the potential impact on performance due to the size of the "stream" entity. Could you please advise if this substantial size of the "stream" entity might adversely affect the overall performance of our system? Additionally, I am curious about the feasibility of maintaining the "stream" section in its current state, especially considering the potential for further size increases in the future. Is there a possibility to optimize or reduce the size of the "stream" entity, or is it advisable to continue operating the software with the existing size?
    Given the long-term perspective, I am concerned about the escalating size of the "stream" entity and its implications on system performance. Your guidance on how to effectively manage this situation would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your attention and assistance.
    Best regards,
    Yubraj Kafle

Hi,

Consider deleting note entries manually (by running SQL). Find out which type of note records you have predominantly, provide some examples. Then it will be easier to give advices.

The large note table can impact on performance of the Stream dashlet and the Stream panel on the user detail view. It should not impact on anything else.

Comment

You can enable slow query log and see which queries is impacto on performance.
      https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0...query-log.html (if you use mysql)
      https://mariadb.com/kb/en/slow-query-log-overview/ (mariadb)

Comment

Working...
      X