Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

local.ERROR: Error in API request: No record access for link operation (Team:users)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local.ERROR: Error in API request: No record access for link operation (Team:users)

Hi, I tried searching, nothing came out, when I am running a post query to add/remove users from the specified team, I get this error:
    local.ERROR: Error in API request: No record access for link operation (Team:users)

There is no option to enable such thing in the roles access, when it comes to team, there is only one option to enable read, not modify, in the field level there is no such option too

Attached Files

Used this reference:

Comment

Spent 50 minutes to wrap it differently and update the user instead of a team,
      local.ERROR: Error in API request: No edit access.

Changed in database, manually /Roles to allow this API user to update any user, still the same error
      local.ERROR: Error in API request: No edit access.

To summarize the issue, I need to link/unkink user with a team using official API (PHP library), I tried 2 different options:

1. Update team (endpoint: Team/$id/user) got an error: No record access for link operation (Team:users)
      2. Update user (endpoint: User/$id) got an error: Error in API request: No edit access.

If you guys know how to do both, please help me implement the first one.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Russ,

API Users can't have admin permissions. Changing user teams requires admin access.

You can an admin user + basic authorization to access API.

Or do some workaround with workflows that will perform needed actions for you.

Comment

It looks like official PHP client is not supporting base authorization?

THanks​

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
            Hi Russ,

API Users can't have admin permissions. Changing user teams requires admin access.

You can an admin user + basic authorization to access API.

Or do some workaround with workflows that will perform needed actions for you.

Looks like it worked (basic authorization), thanks

Here is the code I used, for the future explorers

Comment

Working...
            X