Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Assistance: Implementing Camera Picture Capture in Espo CRM

Dear Developers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working with Espo CRM and have a specific feature request that I would like to implement. I am interested in enabling the functionality to capture pictures from the user's camera whenever they create or update a record, and then save these pictures within the respective record.

To elaborate further, whenever a user attempts to create a new record, I would like to provide the option to take pictures using their device's camera and then have these images automatically associated and saved within the record. Similarly, when a user updates an existing record, I wish to repeat this process of capturing pictures from the camera and linking them to the updated record.

I would appreciate your guidance on how to achieve this functionality within Espo CRM. Any assistance or advice on the necessary steps and code implementation would be highly valuable to me.

Thank you in advance for your support, and I am looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

I think this would require coding and cannot be attempted without.

One way I reckon it would work through GUI is to make "CameraPhotoField" a required field whenever it is a New Record using formula.

Comment

Originally posted by yubrajkafle View Post
      Dear Developers,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working with Espo CRM and have a specific feature request that I would like to implement. I am interested in enabling the functionality to capture pictures from the user's camera whenever they create or update a record, and then save these pictures within the respective record.

To elaborate further, whenever a user attempts to create a new record, I would like to provide the option to take pictures using their device's camera and then have these images automatically associated and saved within the record. Similarly, when a user updates an existing record, I wish to repeat this process of capturing pictures from the camera and linking them to the updated record.

I would appreciate your guidance on how to achieve this functionality within Espo CRM. Any assistance or advice on the necessary steps and code implementation would be highly valuable to me. Play Wordle Unlimited and Test Your Word Skills

Thank you in advance for your support, and I am looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

To enable the functionality of capturing pictures from the user's camera and associating them with records in Espo CRM, you will need to implement some custom code. Below, we outline the general steps to achieve this functionality:

1. Frontend Implementation:
      - Modify the record creation and update forms to include a button or an interface element that allows users to access their device's camera.
      - Utilize HTML5's MediaDevices API or similar technologies to capture pictures from the camera and display a preview to the user.

2. Backend Implementation:
      - Create custom endpoints in Espo CRM's backend to handle the image upload and association with the respective records.
      - Upon receiving the images from the frontend, store them on the server and link them to the relevant record using the Espo CRM API.

3. Database Changes:
      - You might need to introduce new fields in the database to store the image data or use existing fields to hold references to the image files.

4. Security Considerations:
      - Implement proper security measures to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data and to avoid potential security vulnerabilities.

5. Testing:
      - Thoroughly test the implemented functionality on various devices and browsers to ensure its stability and compatibility.

Please note that the steps outlined above are general guidelines, and the actual implementation might vary based on your specific requirements and the current architecture of your Espo CRM installation.

i recommend involving experienced developers familiar with Espo CRM and web technologies to assist you in the process of implementing this feature successfully.

If you have any further questions or need more detailed guidance during the implementation, please feel free to ask.

Comment

Working...
      X