Making Physical Address the Main Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Physical Address the Main Record

Super new to ESPOcrm but am loving it so far. I will post my question and then just a little bit of a back story behind it:

Question: Is there a way to make the physical address the record that everything else is based on?

I work for a contractor that wants to keep all customer data associated with the physical address, not necessarily the Lead/Opportunity/Customer. We offer home services and the actual address is what we want to track. Leads/Opportunities/Customers need to be associated with the address, but we would like the CRM to be address based. Pull up an address and you get all the customers that have been associated with that address. We can keep all proposals, work pictures, everything associated with the home in one record, and then have customer data attached to it.

Use case: Potential client calls in looking for some work to be done on their home. We ask for the address and search for it in ESPOcrm. Address comes up, and on the right all of our past clients come up on the right. We can see all the proposals, pictures, blueprints associated with the home right then. If customer is not in the CRM yet, we can add them as an opportunity and associate it with that address...and the sales process goes on.

Hope I articulated our needs sufficiently. Could use some feedback from the community on this. My intial though was to just create a new Entity all together, but the last time I tried that, I basically broke the CRM.

Thanks again for any guidance.

-Sean

Of course you can! It just about designing it, personally I recommend you install the free Real Estate extension (Yuri don't abandon this!)

In our business Address is quite a big thing too, it related but not always. One mistake I did was use "Case" which seem to be design for a 1 off task and goodbye, it doesn't track the money, I should have use "Opportunity" as my basis.

You have to create Relationship between these entity. Here how mine is design at the moment, maybe once EspoCRM v8 hit the release, I can package this in a nice to share format and it would benefit the community member to piggy back on what I learn and create.

Case = Main Entity
    Contact = People or Person or Individual
    Account = Company/Business/Entity/Group of something
    Properties = Real Estate, House, Land, Meeting Address, City, Postcode, City of Birth, Country of Birth. I throw it all in here.

Case: Task - Organize job for our staff and Contractor or people
    Case: Meeting - Meeting, online or in person.
    Case: (Custom Field), anything else I need, calculation, important date such as deadline, linked System on other website that we need to use, etc.

Contact put all type of Client, Business, Contractor, Employee, etc

I recommend just playing with Demo or your installation, get a feel of EspoCRM function. Ask around the forum for thing. Too lazy or don't have to time step by step? Ask someone to give you this services. Not me though, I don't provide services and not skilled enough to even consider to.

Anyway, here some idea for you to read, and see of it possible, the unofficial wiki: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki

Comment

• seandakid
      seandakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, great ideas.

Why not easily add new entity named "Place" (Company template maybe an option), then just add the address field and pictures and whatever, then you link the other entities to the places.

Using formula you can pull the address data from Place into the linked entity so you have the same address on both if needed.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

• seandakid
      seandakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this idea. Thank you.

• seandakid
      seandakid commented
      Editing a comment
      So technically, I could have one "PLACE" and when we search for that place, it ESPO could pull up that record and all of the associated Leads/Opportunities/Contacts for that place?
Working...
X