Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting & Resource Limits- AWS - elest.io

Hi Everyone,

Would love some feedback on hosting EspoCRM. I'm currently using elest.io (it's very easy for novices like me and they offer a one click install of EspoCRM on any server configuration you'd like to use). This is actually where I first discovered EspoCRM, after trying SuiteCRM.

I'm currently using:

Server type: MICRO-1C-1G (1 VCPU - 1 GB RAM - 40 GB storage) Provider: lightsail

Bandwith: 2000 GB included

This is working well while I'm building and experimenting with my CRM. Unfortunately, it starts to crash (with a 504 Gateway Time Out) when I upload large CSV files (more than 4000 lines). It specifically says I'm reaching my CPU usage limits.

I'm concerned once I start inviting users, my hosting limits will quickly be exceeded.

Eventually, my database will include 100-200 thousand records with maybe a couple hundred users accessing the CRM at any given time.

Any advice on hosting options? Anyone else have experience with elest.io. They've been great so far (very responsive when there is a problem) but maybe I just need to host directly on AWS? Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by harrytruman; 07-20-2023, 08:48 PM.

Seem rather low and I can see where it will have issue, you can monitor your usage and have a look.

Our record don't use that high yet, not unless you combine everything maybe...

Personally I haven't seen anyone mention that host that, but it more about the server or the hardware on the host rather the host itself. From host to host, I guess it just about (1) money, (2) support and (3) what system or server package they use, CPanel, etc.

Comment

> 100-200 thousand records

It's not a big number. I'd recommend MariaDB (over MySQL) as it has some performance optimizations which Espo takes advantage of.

Comment

> I upload large CSV files (more than 4000 lines)

Did you check "Run in Idle"? It will process import in background that should prevent such errors. It's likely not CPU limitation, but a timeout of a HTTP request. In case of "idle", it should not happen.

Or the error happened on file upload, not after you started import?
        Last edited by yuri; 07-22-2023, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
          > I upload large CSV files (more than 4000 lines)

Did you check "Run in Idle"? It will process import in background that should prevent such errors. It's likely not CPU limitation, but a timeout of a HTTP request. In case of "idle", it should not happen.

Or the error happened on file upload, not after you started import?
          Thanks, yuri I just uploaded a new CSV with over 11k records using the Run in Idle. Works much better.

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
            > 100-200 thousand records

It's not a big number. I'd recommend MariaDB (over MySQL) as it has some performance optimizations which Espo takes advantage of.
            Thanks, yuri I'll look at MariaDB. Is this something pretty easy to use with an AWS account?

Comment

Working...
            X