How to manage a big amount of products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to manage a big amount of products

I have a question about a solution that I haven't come up with yet.
    My app is aimed at artists and is used to manage works of art. As everyone knows, there are works of art that are unique, as well as those that are published in editions. These editions can consist of a few copies, but also of 500 or 1000 copies.
    If one of the numbered copies is sold, I would like to exclude it from resale, so it should be marked as available only the copies that actually exist are displayed.
    One problem is managing a potentially large number of products that are still available. The other issue is marking as sold or available.​
    Last edited by shalmaxb; 07-20-2023, 03:07 PM.

Don't have any genius solution to bounce idea off you, I can only suggest to see how shop does Limited Edition product and emulate that concept.

Comment

In general I came to a solution by creating two related entities, one for the product itself and another one only for the copies. The copies are now displayed in a multiple link field and when a copy is sold, it has to be deleted. That works as desired.
      The only thing I did not get so far is to number the copies automatically (see my other question: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...ltiple-records).

Comment

Working...
      X