EspoCRM RegEX type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EspoCRM RegEX type

Anyone know what Regular Expression type does EspoCRM use?

I use regex101.com to test and some regex work and some doesn't. It obviously I'm using the wrong setting so it to be expected.

For example:

Using this regex in RegEx101 work fine, but if I use it in EspoCRM I don't get a match. Need to know which setting I should be using to be compatible with EspoCRM. Thank you.

Link to example: https://regex101.com/r/vctwJB/1

Screenshot of it:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	216
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	94751

Fail to output:

Views:	184
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	94752​​

Giving this a bump, no one know? Or is the setting correct and it just EspoCRM don't full support PCRE2?

Comment

Well, not sure if it helps, but I had also an issue with RegEx and an IfThenElse switch.

I used string\test

E. g. I want to test if the input is either the a or b.

The result of a check of a | b was different from (a | b)

The first one always returns false even if a or b is set. The second one returned true if either a or b was set.
      So maybe try to put brackets around your whole term.

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank Thomas, for simpler RegEX it work no problem. Just with this RegEX I want it to stop before the word "Buyer" which is where I'm having the issue and need to find the right setting to see if it a EspoCRM thing or my RegEX string

Ok, have to tried to enter the RegEx like this?: (Individual:\s*(.*?)\s(.*?)(?=\n|$)(?=.*\Buyer\b))

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasB View Post
        Ok, have to tried to enter the RegEx like this?: (Individual:\s*(.*?)\s(.*?)(?=\n|$)(?=.*\Buyer\b))
        Thank you ThomasB, it work good with RegEX101 but doesn't with EspoCRM

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	95499

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	95500

Views:	143
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	95501

Comment

Try without the / and the start and end. Just like I wrote it: (Individual:\s*(.*?)\s(.*?)(?=\n|$)(?=.*\Buyer\b))
          Last edited by ThomasB; 07-18-2023, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            You have to have '/ /' start and end for EspoCRM to work. It mandatory in EspoCRM else you get error.

Ok, I see. Didn't check the docs because for string/test I dont need them.

I tried your exanple and it looks like it does not like: (?=.*\Buyer\b)

Seem it does not like two ?=.

Comment

Hi,

see sample : https://www.php.net/manual/en/functi...-match-all.php

to try :
            $matches = string\matchAll(......);

$matches is a array, so in formula script : you need use equivalent foreach
            while (length ....). see sample in forum or doc

Comment

Working...
          X