Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add a link from a sub entity to a parent entity without being directly connected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a link from a sub entity to a parent entity without being directly connected?

Consider this:

I have the following three entities: account, contracts and services. Services is linked to contracts and contracts are linked to an account.

account "one-to-many" -> contracts "one-to-many" -> services

I want to add a field to the list/detail view of the entity "services" to see to which account the "services" entity is linked to the "account" entity via the "contracts" entity.

I tried to add a relation from account to services but the values are then independent from the values which are set to account to contract.

E.g: I assign "contract A" to "account 1" and then have to manually add "account 1" to "service A". But it would be possible to assign "service A" to "account 2", which would be incorrect, because "contract A" would be still linked to "account 1".

I hope it's not too confusing what I want to achieve here.

Hi, that is possible with the extension Multiple Link by Eblasoft/Eymen Elkum: https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/espocrm-...le-inline-form
    I use it in a similar relationship construction:

1. In Contract I have Services linked as 1:n, so every contract shows the services
    2. In Accounts I have Contracts linked 1:n, so every contract is displayed in accounts

The mentioned extension allows to display the fields from the linked entity, in this case, you put the linked field services from contracts to be displayed in accounts.

The solution in written form also is not easily to understand

Comment

Working...
    X