Email query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email query

I have noticed that the email function seems to work differently depending on the lead but have not managed to find a pattern...

When sending emails from the CRM, all emails sent are logged on the Lead page under history... Good start lol

However,
    When the recipient replies, some leads will show the reply in History, others wont.

Similarly, if a customer replies to me and I then reply to them from my email client (Thunderbird) some of the replies are logged others arent.

It seems to be a more recent issue where recent emails are not being logged, looking back, previous emails seemed to have worked fine.

Are there any settings I should check?

Most likely, you or Lead did not answer the letters, but created new letters, which were assigned to the Case, then to the Contact, then to the Account (the Parent field in each letter is Contact, then Case, then Account or Lead). It's especially relevant when the emails of the Contact, Lead and Account are identical.
    Last edited by victor; 05-17-2023, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Paulmcf87
      Paulmcf87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply.
      All of the emails in question at the minute are in relation to `Leads`. The emails that we received back were direct responses to the emails sent, Using my email client I can see the full thread but in EspoCRM I can only see the initial email that we sent.

More to victor above, that right! Recently I have to create Formula for this.

It rely on formatted email they the other people use and it also rely on our "Reference" number if they used it.

I think I post about it in my learning thread, or I need to.

Anyway some company they always use the same template (good for us!), and it most likely automated as well. We make request through their form and they send us the result of information. And using formula we auto allocated this to one of our entity (Case).

Previously before doing this I have same issue as you, it will auto link to "Contact" or "Account" because it found the "Email" I added to the contact/account.

Comment

• Paulmcf87
      Paulmcf87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply.
      As mentioned to Victor, the emails that we have been getting back have been replies. the subject would be in the form "Re: Subject"
      I can see the fll email chain in my email client. however on EspoCRM I a, now only seeing the email that we sent.
      Whereas in the past, emails from that chain were added to the CRM

You might want to check some of those email headers to see if it still there or exist.

I just checked and the header is being show like this from mine one:

Message_ID: <Case/100000code/someothercode/morecode@espo>

So it seem like It is link to a Case, with the /caseId/ with possible an email code and an EspoCRM identifier.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it call Source in ThunderB? Do a test email and maybe post screenshot?

• Paulmcf87
      Paulmcf87 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is too much info to screenshot as i cannot extend the area, I would need to take multiple screenshots.

the only things that I can see that might be it are

Return-Path <0ef4e882.AVkAABf4ZoUAAAAAAAAAAMS3F_kAAYCtJ9EAAAAA ACNNPwBkbkOm@a2313535.bnc3.mailjet.com>
      or
      Message ID <0ef4e882.AVkAABf4ZoUAAAAAAAAAAMS3F_kAAYCtJ9EAAAAA ACNNPwBkbkOm@mailjet.com>
      or
      Feedback ID 42.2313535.2169282:MJ

But return-Path and Message ID reference "mailhet" which is who i use for the SMTP relay so Id doubt it would be either of them

there is also "X=MJ-Mid" and X-MJ-SMTPGUID"

Other than that, the rest of the headers refer to DKIM, SPF etc

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Do a search for Message_ID
      Do a search for Espo

see if you get any hit. Something is removing these header if you don't see it when you see send email within EspoCRM
Working...
X