Notification to users about Meeting replies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification to users about Meeting replies

Hello, I'm not sure if it's a standart behaviour or I miss some configuration in Events.

Scenario:
    1. I create a meeting from account and add some contacts from customer and users from internal company.
    2. Customer get invitation from the CRM about the event and reply to it (to invitation email) as he is busy and can't attend.
    3. e-mail come to CRM and assigned to account that meeting belong to.

Problem
    ​No one of meeting attendees was notified about received reply email, related to the event.

Ideal solution
    As meeting/call has relation to parent entity where it was created from then invitation e-mails should go with parent of the same entity where event is created from. In this case all followers of Parent entity where event was created will get notifications related to the event replies as well.

p.s. to follow all accounts for anyone there are no make sense to be notified about someone's reply related to the event where I'm not part of.
    Last edited by partomas; 04-01-2023, 10:46 AM. Reason: update of suggestion to ideal solution

Originally posted by partomas View Post
    ...Invitation e-mails has relation to Event and all attendees and followers of event will get notifications related to the event..
    I brainstorm.. see nothing else

10 attendees..

first: responds : 9 email/notification send
    second: responds : 9 email/notification send
    third responds : 9 email/notification send ?

10x9 email => 90 email/notification for just one meeting ?

If you are attendee, you can make a BPM for send meeting/attendee status 1 day before. (accept/decline/maybe) with a "hey guy, not forget, you have a meeting next day at... and here a list of status of other attendee"

Or maybe, not uderstand, you will only Users/Followers to get notified ?
    Last edited by item; 03-27-2023, 09:26 PM.

Comment

In my case, someone from attendees responded to the invitation mail that he can't attend and asked to move meeting as he is decision maker and no one was noticed about his email response. So to have a followers who will track notifications or anything else could protect us from such unpleasant situations.

Might be not all 90 attendees need notifications, but at least the host of event should receive something.

Comment

Hi,

look here :

and here

you can (never tested this hook) make a hook : afterConfirmation

and send notification to assigned user ?

It's doable

Comment

I’m not sure if it would work. Atendee just replyed to invitation email with text. So not this case.
          From my point of view meeting invitations could be related to event and be treated as regular entity with followers or emails at least.

Comment

If there are white brains please do follow scenario. From a case create a meeting and simply reply to the Invitation email with a text. Did you'll get a reply to the case where the meeting invitation was send or somewhere to account, to contact or...

From my point of view Ideal scenario would be to get reply to invitation letter straight to the parent entity where this meeting was created from. yuri is it hard to realise?

Comment

• partomas
              partomas commented
              Editing a comment
              Addition notice, if You'll look at outgoing mail you'll figure out that "parent" of the email is set as account of contact to whom invitation was sent, not an entity from which event was created. I guess it's a roocouse of the issue. If outgoing invitation mails would be assigned to a entity where meeting/call is created from (parent) then replays would come to the correct place and followers of the entity could get notifications.

• yuri
              yuri commented
              Editing a comment
              Meetings can't be related to Emails via parent by default. We can't change it easily, it's against the current design.

• partomas
              partomas commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like we lost somewhere in translation yuri I need the system set parent entity for invitation email the same as in the meeting, from which invitation was sent.
          Working...
          X