Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link case to contact/account

Hey guys!
    System creates a "Case" record upon incoming email, good, but it never links to a proper contact and related account, how can I achieve it? Formula?
    Please give a hint, thanks

One way it link is by email, so you would need to Add email to Contact and Account.

I don't think formula will be very good method and I don't remember anyone publicly do this yet.

The second way it also link is using a hidden tracking number (Header) I believe. So if they response to the email that you send from CRM then it will continue to link, but if they don't Reply or remove the Header when reply then it will go back to the 1st way.

I think there is few other way it link as well but I don't code so I don't know. This is purely from usage and experience.

PS: Now that I read your post again, you mean under the "Contact" relationship in Case it also link to the Contact? Perhaps this and filter might work: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/formula/#attributes​
    Last edited by espcrm; 03-09-2023, 03:02 AM.

Comment

espcrm, ok, check this out, here is a case, I want espo to link proper account and contact to that case
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Russ, I understand from your initial post, unfortunately it all require coding and it may be possible with other method (formula) but I'm not sure how.

I wanted to do the same thing but can only achieve it when I send an email and it get "Reply" from that email.
        Last edited by espcrm; 03-11-2023, 03:35 AM.

so you are saying system can't link the case (by incoming email) to the contact/account of the CRM?
      espcrm

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
        so you are saying system can't link the case (by incoming email) to the contact/account of the CRM?
        espcrm
        Quoting myself with post 2 up there:

The second way it also link is using a hidden tracking number (Header) I believe. So if they response to the email that you send from CRM then it will continue to link, but if they don't Reply or remove the Header when reply then it will go back to the 1st way.

Comment

So 2 days past, it just works, I did nothing, it links.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X