Is SQLite possible with EspoCRM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is SQLite possible with EspoCRM?

Has anyone ever tried using SQLite with EspoCRM? Maybe there is a 'fork' of it using SQLite?

I can see a 'need' for it. I'd like to have a few small EspoCRM databases ... either local or on the web... just for my own personal use and I really don't want to go through the task of creating a MySQL server/database. Locally I'd have to run it through something like MAMP or Local etc. And on the web, I have get the ISP to make me a database. I was thinking that a small SQLite would make things a bit easier as well as more portable?

I don't think it's possible and I would not recommend it even if it was since it lacks some SQL syntax, security etc.

I would recommend that you:
    1. Setup a computer at home with a webserver, PHP and Mysql or Mariadb, you can use Cloudflare if you have an ISP that uses CGNAT
    2. Buy a cheap VPS or shared hosting space

Remember, if you use the CRM for important data then you should set it up properly.

Comment

As of v7.4, it will be easier to implement. See how it's being done for PostgreSQL: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/pull/2599/files

We are not to officially support PostgreSQL in the nearest future, there are still a lot of issues to be resolved. Maybe code will be included to the package as experimental feature w/o any guarantees.

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        In data/config-internal.php > database, the 'plarform' parameter needs to be specified.

I always thought that for the most part the SQL commands were the same for MySQL (server) and SQLite (file-based) but this is a technology I'm not well versed in. Of course SQLLite (probably) does not work in a high-security environment.

From the SQLite docs: https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

"SQLite works great as the database engine for most low to medium traffic websites (which is to say, most websites). The amount of web traffic that SQLite can handle depends on how heavily the website uses its database. Generally speaking, any site that gets fewer than 100K hits/day should work fine with SQLite. The 100K hits/day figure is a conservative estimate, not a hard upper bound. SQLite has been demonstrated to work with 10 times that amount of traffic."

In my environment, EspoCRM is used ONLY by 3 people in our tiny web design and postcard design (ham radio QSL cards) business and each of us probably hit it no more than 10 times a day... if that. That is 30 hits in eight hours. (That said, we could not run the biz without it as Espo has all of our clients with all their info, emails, notes. work-in-progress etc. We back it up (via mysqldump) twice a day (noon and midnight) and have it resident (and synced each night) on three different servers... just in case! Losing Espo would be close to catastrophic for us. )

SQLite would work for "little people" like us and maybe others like us?

Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Working...
      X