Change Group Email Account on Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Group Email Account on Case

Hello, I am running into an issue with cases created by internal users. Group Email Accounts are not being linked automatically based on the team assignment and the Web UI is not allowing users to change the Group Email Account either. When looking at the field in Entity Manager, it says it is Global Read-Only.

Is there a way to change this so that certain roles can edit this field? I've already added the field level permission a role, cleared the cache, and rebuilt. Still nothing.

Looking forward to your insight on this.

Thanks!

Hi,

It's set as read-only with global restriction. You can unset it manually.

Create a file custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityAcl/Case.json

Code:
    {
        "fields": {
            "inboundEmail": {
                "readOnly": false
            }
        },
        "links": {
            "inboundEmail": {
                "readOnly": false
            }
        }
    }​
    Clear cache.

Then go to Administration > Entity Manager > Case > fields > Inbound Emails. Unset Read-Only.

Theoretically, it should work.

Comment

Thank you! I'll try this after we upgrade tonight. Already have a backup in place and I don't want to change any files until we know the upgrade has worked. I'll report back in this thread with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by marcbeinder View Post
        Thank you! I'll try this after we upgrade tonight. Already have a backup in place and I don't want to change any files until we know the upgrade has worked. I'll report back in this thread with the results.
        This worked as expected! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X