X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to force pdf generation

hello
    i am working to update my pdf in each entity
    how i can "force" to regenerate pdf after update template ? (or its possible to view a preview with real content ?)
    regards

There is no need to regenerate. Any modification you make in a template will be available right away. No preview from template manager. You have to go to your entity, for which you made the template and may test with a real record.
    Because that can be a tedious work, on fiddling with the template (and it is MUCH fiddling necessary), I open one browser tab with the template manager and a second browser tab with the entity, which I only have to refresh to test the template. The template itself with the data from the record opens in another tab, where you will see, if everything works as intended.

Comment

hello maybe i fogot something
      1 i change my template
      2 i edit a record in my entity
      3 i click on my pdf
      => change arn't reported
      i forgot something ?

Comment

item thanks i already read this about code, for now i need to check every change ... i sarch the good wokflow to regenerate fie after template modification
      thanks for your help

Comment

• item
        item commented
        Editing a comment
        strange, or I don’t understand

I open a record and print-to-pdf, so it open a new tab in browser
        after I open in a new tab, the template, i do modification and save it
        So I return to 2 tab, where is pdf, i refresh browser so I see modification

You are not missing anything. Change will take after edit template (assuming you choose the right template and did update it properly).

Now it more of a system issue if it not showing correct, could be a cache issue, template not saving, using the wrong template, record not saving.

Try creating a duplicate new template. Try creating a brand new template. Try using a different internet browser. Try reproducing the issue on the demo version. Try a simpler template to do test.

Comment

that only works if i delet pdf and resave item ... not realy user friendly

Comment

Working...
        X