Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-tenant database with same UI

Looked with searching and did not find a suggestion for this scenario:

We would have three countries, with three different ERP's, so databases in EspoCRM would be distinct. A user from country ABC, would not be interested in events, like quotes in country GGG - but they would have the exact same user interface. And maybe sales managers could be interested in total overview to all countries.

I would try to install three instances of the CRM, like ABC.company.com / GGG.company.com with a clear distinction between users, customers etc.

But then my worry would be, that if we would like to add an entity into customer, we just need to do it three times? Or could those three databases be connected somehow, that if I would create an entity in one, all three would be populated with it?

Perhaps using a cron job and copying? Entity Manager - EspoCRM Documentation

That might solve the entity "issue" if I am not mistaken of the purpose in that function. And maybe Layouts also would be a copy from one folder to another?

Or, it could all be running on one instance, but just some other means of limiting what the user would see? Teams?

I mean that a user in country ABC would not even see a customer that is originating from country GGG and defined to "Team" GGG. Not able to search, see records etc.

With the one instance method, we could generate a report for sales managers that would show all countries at once. ​

Hello Johi
    you can simply use Teams. Records will be related to specific teams, thanks to that all records from one country will be visible to specific teams

Comment

We have developed a tool to let espocrm automatically split data based on some entity, you can use teams as separator or create new entity named organisation.
      Any entity linked to the separator entity will be filtered by the users own separate value.
      So ABC users will always filtered by country = ABC except for scopes has no link with separator entity.
      We are using this tool on three real projects and there is no problems, tested on 7.1 and planned to updated for 7.2
      CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
      Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I have looked into the simple teams functionality more and that seem like the best approach for us.

Very impressive CRM out of the box I would say. Naturally some add-ons required usually, but many things are very clearly real life tested in the demo product for example.

Comment

Working...
        X