linking records | multiple search fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking records | multiple search fields

When linking records, is it possible to search in multiple fields by default?

What I mean is ... let's say I want to link a contact to an account. By default I can execute a search in the account name. Sure I can load more search fields like account city, account country using the dots-menu. This works fine for the single contact. But when I want to link another contact to an account, I again see the account name only and have to load the additional search fields again. Is there a way to have the additional search fields shown by default? Or even better stick with one search field, but the underlying query should be executed in multiple fields linked with "or" - e. g. when I enter "Berlin%" in a field, the search should be executed like this ... where accountName like '%Berlin%' or accountCity like '%Berlin%' or accountCountry like '%Berlin%'

The saved filter locked you into whatever been saved unfortunately. Static search that lock you in.

If I remember correctly there is no Tutorial or Guide of this issue: show multiple field as search option by default or quickly load as option.

If you can learn how to modify the Layout code, I'm sure it can be easily done as all field option is there, just hidden away until you click "..." add 'search field type'. Unfortunately this require a bit of coding skill which I don't have.

However there is a guide on Global Search tutorial (got a video too!) which may serve this purpose. But it will a bit too complex and I don't have any bright idea on how to use it so I didn't follow the guide.

Comment

Working...
    X