Contact double "Frau"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact double "Frau"

At my Contacts i have tow time "Frau" - see the Screenshot. I use Version 7.2.2, but it is since a few Versions ago available. Any idea?

Thank you!

Ok i see that this comes from Ms. an Mrs. from the translation fields. In german there is only "Frau" for both. If i now delete Ms. or Mrs. think, that some contacts looses their "Frau".

Comment

We need another translation for Mrs. Any suggestion? Fraulein? How to abbreviate?

Comment

There is no term in German anymore. Female persons are Frau (only). 60 years ago, there was the term Fräulein (mostly used for not married, younger women). So there really is only one term in German.

Comment

I recommend running an update query to fix all existing values and then remove the value from the options.

Comment

But anyway we need a translation label in German,

Comment

I'll change to:

Mr. => Hr.
              Ms. => Fr.
              Mrs. => Frau

Comment

• florian
                florian commented
                Editing a comment
                I think that Mr. -> Herr and Mrs. -> Frau is actually good. Do not put the short form Hr. an Fr. into the fields.

Official translation in both cases (Ms. and Mrs.) is Frau.
              When you run your app in German, I think, it does not matter, which of the both you will choose, because it will always show a correct term.

A problem could only occur, when you run a multilangual installation, because there exist besides Mrs. and Ms. in English also Madame and Mademoiselle in French (not in common use anymore as well), senhora and senhorita in Portugues (as well not anymore in common use) e.g..

I would leave it as is.

Comment

Leaving it as it is is not an option. It's a flaw that needs to be fixed.

Comment

I think in all languages the case of Ms. (Miss) or in german Fräulein is no mare a business case. What if the option Ms. will be removed an if somebody needs this option he needs to add this manually.

Comment

Working...
                  X