Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipient Fields in Email Compose - Lookup & Autocomplete Function Broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipient Fields in Email Compose - Lookup & Autocomplete Function Broken?

Hi, I've seen other users posting here about this in the past, but on much earlier versions of EspoCRM - v5 & v6.

When you compose an email or reply to one in EspoCRM, there's this nifty functionality that attempts to lookup & auto-complete the Contact Email address as you type it into the To, CC, or BCC fields. This has always worked. However, for some reason this has recently stopped working and after exhaustive troubleshooting I've been unable to figure out why! My end-users have certainly noticed this no longer works of course...

The ONLY recent changes to our EspoCRM instance include enabling/configuring WebSocket and a Portal, both according to Espo docs. WebSocket seems to work fine and the new Portal functions correctly. On the surface, neither of these seem like they would be related to Contact Email lookups over the API anyway though.

Attached screenshot, I can see in my browser's web console that it's trying to ask for lookups as I type, but nothing is ever returned or shows in the GUI as Contact suggestions! On page refresh there are no errors related to talking to the Espo API or getting other server resources.

I have checked both EspoCRM's application logs as well as the Apache web server's logs, neither output anything related to this. Nothing is output while I am attempting this in the GUI.

Running:
    EspoCRM v7.2.4
    PHP v7.4.3
    MySQL v8.0.30-0ubuntu0.20.04.2

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this further???

Hi Zosh,

Can you please tell me if you can reproduce this error in another browser?

Comment

Hi lazovic,

Thanks for the time of day! Attached is my attempt in Chrome.

I use Firefox ESR but our organization default that all my end-users are on is Chrome, many have them have complained to me about this email lookup/autocomplete feature no longer working.

Just like in Firefox, the Chrome console outputs a bunch of GET attempts to lookup the contact as I type, yet still nothing ever responds in the GUI. I didn't show them in my Firefox console screenshot but both consoles output these WebSocket authToken failures. Hopefully that's not related to this? Like I mentioned, the email lookup worked before I turned on WebSocket. I've also tried just turning it back off but the email lookup functionality doesn't come back.

Comment

Working...
      X