Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google calendar integration

​Hello,

I am trying to set up Google calendar integration - I created a project in Google console, I got Client ID, I got Client Secret and everything. I added required APIs etc. I set Access control for my Role (External Accounts enabled, Google Calendar enabled). However, when I am trying to connect my Google account in the User detail view I am getting an error. Could you please help me with how to set it up properly? It will be probably a problem somewhere in the Google console. I am doing this for the first time ever.

Thanks a lot for your help! Click image for larger version

Name:	esmero SK recenze.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	82989Click image for larger version

Name:	google calendar.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	82986
    Attached Files

I guess, you followed the guide?https://docs.espocrm.com/extensions/...on/setting-up/

The problem is most likely here:

6. Configure consent screen.

In Google Developers Console, click Oauth consent screen on the sidebar. Follow the instructions on the page.

You need to add the email address of each user in the google accoun to grant access to the Oauth feature.

Comment

Hello Thomas,

yep, I followed the guide in the docs

However, my app was still in testing mode so I would have to add every user manually as a "tester" exactly as you mentioned.

I fixed the problem by publishing the app into production mode instead of testing mode. (done on the OAuth consent screen page)

I knew that something like that was mentioned during the creation of the project in Google console, but I was not able to find it anywhere afterward

Thanks a lot for your help, it is now working as expected! Click image for larger version

Name:	Snímek obrazovky 2022-09-15 121352.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	82996

Comment

Quick question, do you have experience with Google calendar integration in EspoCRM please?

I have everything set up, but the sync is not working. I set Direction to Two-way, but I dont see CRM events in Google and vice versa. I assume that it is being synced once per few minutes or something like that. Do you by any chance know how often the sync is being executed?

Comment

Okay, so calendars are synchronized now it took around 3-5 minutes. However, I think I found the bug. When I want to add also other calendars from Google, it considers only calendars that I have created - from the section "My calendars" in google, not also from the section "Other calendars" in google (see screen1)

I also found "nice to have" feature that is missing now. In google, different calendars are shown in different colors, when it got synced at is shown in CRM, it has always blue color so I am not able to recognize from which calendar the event is. I would love to have an option that when you are selecting other calendars from google in CRM you should be able to choose the color in which events will be displayed. (screen2)

Another nice to have feature would be that when I am creating an event in CRM, I am not able to choose in which calendar it should appear in Google so it is always shown in the primary (blue) calendar.

What do you think?
          Click image for larger version  Name:	kalendare.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	83004Click image for larger version  Name:	kalendar 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	83003
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jakub Grufik; 09-15-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hm, the sync lags a bit. I guess around 5 minutes but I never really benched it.

Comment

• Jakub Grufik
              Jakub Grufik commented
              Editing a comment
              yep, this one is solved already, however I would love to have your opinion on the other issues I am facing now (mentioned above)

When I wrote this, your comment was not there yet.

Sure, why not.

I only set up the calendar for some users but never really tried to use them. So I have no in-depth knowledge what features are missing, or not.

BTW: When setting it up, I had some initial issues with the lables. I'm not really sure if adding custom lables are working. Selection always turns up empty.

Comment

I would also love this functionality to be made available. If there was a work around, that would be immensely helpful!​

Blank printable yearly 2025 calendar templates with holidays. These free printable 2025 calendars are image and PDF formats that download and print on almost any printer.
              Last edited by betinajessen; 10-19-2022, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X