Automate no-profit associates management and invoicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate no-profit associates management and invoicing

Managing a NPO in the form of ballet school sporting association, we are offering since 9 years to up to 80 pupils between 4 to 18 years ballet courses shaped to their level.
    This is my "freetime" job, even if I used often the NPO to experiment technologies I can later adopt in the company I'm employed with.
    The basic activities trough the schoolyear are
    • the students parents (or legal tutor) need to ask to become associate (as NPO can provide lessons only to associate)
    • the Directive need to approve the request
    • they will pay for an annual association fee and quarterly courses fee, with pricing specific to their class
    • they will pay first and next receive a payment receipt (the NPO didn't have VAT so didn't emit invoices)
    So far we are managing first two activities trough Podio (the users needing so far every year to re-submit their anagraphic details instead of i.e. just receive the option to renew the association proposal request), and second two with bank wire transfer, Excel and Word mail merge to generate the documents.

In this case I already sponsored and get adoped EspoCRM in the commercial company I'm employee in, and wanted to adopt it also in the NPO managing this tasks.
    In the commercial company I didn't use the Sales and Advanced pack due I'm not generating any automated activity nor selling products trough it, using Espo for contact, interactions and opportnities tracking.

My idea is to manage the NPO trough a dedicated Azure EspoCRM installation, but before starting to messing around wanted to kindly ask suggestions how to achieve these activities trough Espo + his packs if needed.
    Last edited by davide445; 09-10-2022, 05:49 PM.

After some testing these are the ideas
    • Switched Espo to B2C mode
    • Leads become Aspirants
    • Contacts become Associates, converted from Aspirants
    • Opportunities become different classes pricing
    • Campaigns can be used for mailing
    Some more questions
    • How can I create a public form where new aspirants (so not already registered in the system) can fill their data
    • How can I setup a way associates are receiving a link enabling them confirming/changing their current anagraphic data
    • How can I setup the associate receiving a link for payment of a specific class using Wise
    • Didn't find a way to generate PDF documents from a template, due this tab is not available in the UI setup, so don't know how can I mass generate payment receipts

Comment

> How can I create a public form where new aspirants (so not already registered in the system) can fill their data

You can use the Web-to-Lead functionality: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/web-to-lead/. This may require a little bit of coding to create an HTML form and its handler on your website.

> Didn't find a way to generate PDF documents from a template,

Once you create at least one PDF Template for an entity type, a 'Print to PDF' action will be available from the detail view menu (next to the Edit button).

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post

You can use the Web-to-Lead functionality: https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/web-to-lead/. This may require a little bit of coding to create an HTML form and its handler on your website.

Once you create at least one PDF Template for an entity type, a 'Print to PDF' action will be available from the detail view menu (next to the Edit button).
        Using Tilda for the association website is possible to setup data capture forms, but it's not clear to me how to setup things on Tilda and Espo side. There is an example about what scripts need I to create on both?
        So far I'm using this Podio web form
        HTML Code:
          <!-- BEGIN Podio web form -->
        <script src="https://podio.com/webforms/23382004/xxxxxxx.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">   _podioWebForm.render("xxxxxxx") </script>
        <noscript>   <a href="https://podio.com/webforms/23382004/xxxxxxx" target="_blank">Per favore compila il form</a> </noscript>
        <!-- END Podio web form -->
        Last edited by davide445; 09-12-2022, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X