Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dashlet 'My Activities': Options: 'What to display' faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashlet 'My Activities': Options: 'What to display' faulty?

[EspoCRM 7.1.9, user language: German]

Hi,

I stumbled across a strange behaviour in Espo:

There are three entities in question:
    - name: "Call", label: "Anruf"
    - name: "Meeting", label: "Termin"
    - name: "Task", label: "Aufgabe"

myUser is user of "teamX". There are two roles: teamX-teamRole and teamX-userRole. Both roles apply to myUser.
    I DEaktivated entity "Call" in both roles.

In dashlet "My Activities - Options, What to display", against expectations I see "Termine", "Call", "Aufgaben". Yes, ist "Call", not "Anrufe", as I would expect. And ist's "Call", not "Calls". But: why "Call" instead of "Anrufe" and why "Call" at all?

On a test basis, I deactivated "Termin" (="Meeting") in both roles as well. In "What to display" I then see "Meeting" instead of "Termine", "Call" and "Aufgaben", whereas I expected "Aufgaben" only!

The only solution I found - which is rather not acceptable, as it applies to all users -, was to copy application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/dashlets/Activities.json into custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/dashlets/ and change "enabledScopeList" to ["Meeting", "Task"]. As this is part of the "defaults" section of Activities.json, I wonder why this is not overwritten by actual settings ...

Kind regards
    Uli

Once you disallowed the Meeting entity type it hid all labels related to the Meeting scope for a user. But it didn't change their existing dashlet options of the dashlet, So there's the option Meeting, but the translation is not available for a user.

Comment

Hi Yuri,
      I get it so far.
      In menues, entity types are shown or hidden as set in user roles. Is there any chance to disable an entity type in a dashlet for a user in a similar way?
      Users will be confused, if they e. g. cannot create calls because calls are disabled for the role/user, but are given the choice to show calls in the dashlet - which is meaningless, as there will be none ....
      Regards

Comment

It's not that easy to do w/o a dirty hack unfortunately. As a workaround, you can setup a dashboard template (with only needed entity types in the activities dashlet) and apply it to a team or specific users. You can also define a default dashlet layout that will be applied to new users.

Comment

Ok, I'll try that.

Thanks a lot!
          Uli

Comment

Hi Yuri,
            dashlet template does the trick for entity types in "My Activities - Options, What to display".

A second challenge: the entity "leads" consists of many fields, several of which myUser is not meant to use - or even see. Concerning the forms, I can easily manage this in layout-sets.

But: In dashlet "My Leads" -> Options - Layout, there's an empty inputfield, that on click offers a drop down to add more fields to the layout. This drop down list contains all the fields ever set up for lead. I then deactivated several fields in teamX-roles. Those fields will then not go away, but I just get the field names without translation - same behaviour as you mentioned above.

So yes, dashboard templates are helpful, but don't do all I'd need ...

Regards
            Uli

Comment

I made a fix for the records dashlet. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...f8b39fad80a1e1

Comment

Hi, this was quick!!!

Unfortunately, my file client/src/views/dashlets/fields/records/expanded-layout.js looks very different from yours. Difference in version (mine is 7.1.9)?
                Attached Files

Comment

Try to replace only getFieldDataList function.

Comment

Looks perfect!

Many thanks!

Regards
                    Uli

Comment

Working...
                    X