Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic logic questions

Hello EspoCRM forum members,

I'm happy to be here and hope that I will be able to give help to other members, as well as get some.

I've questions regarding field dynamic logic.

1) Use "if equal" and "if not equal" in dynamic logic

I would like to make a field visible, required, read-only or invalid by comparing entity fields equality of inequality. I created an ugly illustration , see photo number 1.

It's great that with the dynamic logic editor I can do "if equals" statements, but it would be nice to have a compare ability between other fields of the same entity. Is there an option like this? I could not find anything on this in the docs, nor in the forum. If there is not, can I achive this by creating custom code?

I know I can do this with a plus field + using formula, but I don't want to create "buffer" fields if I don't have to.

2) Hidden fields consume space in listing tables

In the role editor, I can hide specific fields which I don't want to show for some users within a specific role. This is working very well. However, when the affected users viewing the list of records, the hidden cells (with their headers and columns) are still there, taking extra space hence that they are not containing the values (because they are forbidden in the role).

This is a problem especially when I specify the exact widths with percents in Layout Manager. Can I remove these unnecessary columns? See the image below, the amount field is completely hidden by role for the user, but still, the amount columns exists and taking up space.

See photo number 2.

Thank you very much!

You can have a different list layout for a specific team https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-teams-portals

Comment

Hello radu and welcome to the forum.

I've questions regarding field dynamic logic.

1) Use "if equal" and "if not equal" in dynamic logic

I would like to make a field visible, required, read-only or invalid by comparing entity fields equality of inequality. I created an ugly illustration , see photo number 1.

It's great that with the dynamic logic editor I can do "if equals" statements, but it would be nice to have a compare ability between other fields of the same entity. Is there an option like this? I could not find anything on this in the docs, nor in the forum. If there is not, can I achive this by creating custom code?

I know I can do this with a plus field + using formula, but I don't want to create "buffer" fields if I don't have to.
      Formula is a back end facility, it is actually a very friendly way to execute a before save "hook" without coding, not really suited for front end form control.

For more sophisticated dynamic control than the standard dynamic logic, if you are willing to do some custom coding, you can use the dynamic handler class, it is an excellent facility that allows you to do pretty much anything that you can code for a front end form.

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
        You can have a different list layout for a specific team https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...-teams-portals
        Thanks yuri, you are a genius. This is perfect for me. It's working flawlessly.

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
        Formula is a back end facility, it is actually a very friendly way to execute a before save "hook" without coding, not really suited for front end form control.
        Yes, I agree - that's why I ended up asking here.

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
        For more sophisticated dynamic control than the standard dynamic logic, if you are willing to do some custom coding, you can use the dynamic handler class, it is an excellent facility that allows you to do pretty much anything that you can code for a front end form.
        Yes, I already saw this, I just wanted to be sure there is no easier solution than this. I'll read about dynamic control and will try to handle my needs.

Btw I saw your topics and posts, thanks telecastg for all the codes and tips you share, I'm sure many members (including me) could learn from them.

Comment

Working...
        X