X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two documentation inconsistencies found in first install

Hello everyone,

* I believe the downloaded sha checksum must be updated:
    I've tried several downloads display the same inconsistencies and stable checksums, which lead me to believe the supplied checksum is old. When ahead with the installation, and all seems to be fine.

* The documentation reports php 7.3 and above as a requirement but then github repo php 7.4 and above

EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.

As a note KUDOS for the well documented and problem free install. I'm a newbie with server stuff and php and managed just fine. I have not looked at the source, just very superficially, but it seems welcoming to newbies (though I never worked with PHP). KUDOS for this too.

This was my first post. Looking forward to learn more about EspoCRM... off to configuring.
    txs for the work

The `master` branch is for the future release. We drop php 7.3 support in the upcoming release. The branch `stable` represents the last stable version. No inconsistency here.

Regarding the checksum. I will pass this information to a responsible person. Thanks for letting us know.
    Last edited by yuri; 04-14-2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I checked the checksum of the downloaded file using this tool https://emn178.github.io/online-tool..._checksum.html. And it was correct.

Comment

• Umbromancer
        Umbromancer commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I may have messed up the --check call on sha256sum. I did it several times yesterday before posting, but since I get the same result on the online tool and manual confirmation on my end. I conclude it was my mistake. Sorry for wasting your time

Thank you for the info on the github.
    Working...
    X