Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Assigned User" and "Team" issue for portal user

Hello,
    I'm setting the Customer portal up, and found an issue: when Customer portal user enters the portal and creates Task or Case - it is impossible to choose "Assigned User" from the list, because the list of users is empty. Also, impossible to choose the team - it says "Error 403 Access denied"
    As far as I understand, these rights are regulated by the role in portal roles section. I did assign the role in "portal roles" and give "field permissions" (please, see the screenshots below).
    Can't find what I have missed. Could you please give me a hint.

Hello,
    as i know, it's so by design (same as portal.espocrm.com).
    only regular user (by role maybe) can assign regular user and regular teams

Comment

Hello,
      t's true you're right, I tried the cloud demo, it's the same thing, but I still think it's a bug, because since we can give permission to the portal user fields assigned user and assigned team it's normally it works if not it will be blocked from the start, and above all it's a good feature, so that we can route the tickets to the teams directly. anyway thank you very much.

Comment

Hi,

It's not a bug. Portal users are not able to specify an assigner user and teams by design. The fact that by some manipulations it may seem that it should work does not mean that it's supposed to work.

Assignment is controlled not only by roles but by the assignment permission. Portal users do have it forcedly set to 'no' ,
        Last edited by yuri; 02-22-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• item
          item commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Yuri
          Thanks for clarification.. and it's best choose.
          i can not imagine a portal user choose assignedUser and teams.

All is ready for regular user to check "unassigned Case" and assign to user/teams.

Hello yuri,

Please, can you help me to do this is handling, I have an urgent need, I have three teams: HSE, Commercial and Technical, and I want customers to create and assign tickets to equipped as needed.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
        X