Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Backlog" in EspoCRM

Hi guys,

We started to implement Agile in our company and encountered a simple problem on how to create and use a "backlog" in EspoCRM.
    Tasks Kanban View seems to be not the best choice since it is not possible to prioritize tasks (as "backlog" items) simply by moving them up and down...

How do you create your "backlogs", is it in EspoCRM, or do you use other software?

Thanks!
    Laimonas

You can organize your backlog in many variants:

1. Add to the "task" entity fields "type" and "priority"
    2. Add entity "backlog" with all needed fields
    3. Customize kanban view and store priority based on position in column (kanban view used sortable jqueryui plugin)

Any other variants

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      3. it's interesting. I tried it but it's looks like customer based view, another user don't see my changed order. Can you help me to do that all users could see the same order, then it would be fabulous. But it's not implemented for all, if I got correctly https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/1825

1. Add to the "task" entity fields "type" and "priority"

Let's say I have 300 tasks (backlog items), but there are only 4 priority options in the CRM (Low, Normal, High, Urgent). It means that I might have 85 equally-urgent backlog items, 60 equally-high backlog items, etc.

I might prioritize them by "date start", which should work, but if I want to switch positions (up or down) I have to open a task and change the date to an earlier or later date. That is not very convenient. My aim is to have the ability to change the order of backlog items by drag and drop.

2. Add entity "backlog" with all needed fields

The same inconvenience as mentioned above.

3. Customize kanban view and store priority based on position in column (kanban view used sortable jqueryui plugin)

This one is interesting. Could you please be more specific? Is this jqueryui plugin already installed in EspoCRM or should I install it manually? Is there a specific attribute of "position in column"? Where can I find this attribute in order to prioritize the column?

Comment

1. Add integer priorityValue field for task and you can prioritize 300 tasks

3. jquery plugin used in canban view. https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...kanban.js#L425

Use ui.item.index() to determine which item position in list is.

Comment

Might be a ridiculous solution that might only work in small team/small task load; but assign one person to work on backlog in old system, as he/she complete them it get sync into new system as Complete task.

Comment

• partomas
          partomas commented
          Editing a comment
          https://trello.com/ manage somehow to do takst stages and priorities for big scoupe and teams globally, so it could be possible there as well. You know how easy the kanban view to work with.
      Working...
      X