Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Imported Activities (Calls) show in Stream but NOT History panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Imported Activities (Calls) show in Stream but NOT History panel?

Hello,

This whole week so far I've been wrestling with trying to import Activities in the form of Calls, Meetings, and Tasks from our old Zoho CRM into EspoCRM...

I've finally got all the data associating up correctly however now that it's finally importing good my Activities are NOT showing under the History panel for the Contact or Account they're supposed to be related to... They only show in the Stream section... This is problematic because they should be in the History panel to be easily referenced in totality with other History records.

Why does this happen??? So many nuances to importing data properly that you just have to figure out yourself after hours and hours of investment and then it STILL doesn't just work the way it logically should...

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Josh

Hello,

Sorry to hear that, sometimes even for experts it takes more than expected to get some results was not considered to be complicated, this happens.

I have checked the code that collects the activities and I think the problem is the links between Events entities & users.

IOW, X user will see some activities panel empty even though its entity has linked events, but the X user is not linked to any of them.

For example: Meeting is N:N linked to User, so there is a table named meeting_user, you need a script to fill it, I think that import will not help to fill this link table.

The same is for other Event Entities like Call & Task.

Best regards
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Hey Eymen! So it sounds to me like we have a bug on my hands, right? During import I've been using Assigned User (Name) instead of the ID, not sure if that makes any difference? It of course does show my Sales Rep Tara is associated with the activities. But it sounds to me like the import functionality does not talk to the meeting_user table at all, does it?

Comment

To better illustrate this issue using Contact Hugh as an example, I've manually added through the Espo GUI a Call record, and it displays alongside the Call record I imported in Stream. We see the new Call shows in the History tab while my .csv imported Call still refuses to show under that History panel...

Comment

Moreover, building on eymen-elkum's previous post, I did some digging in the database using PHPMyAdmin...

Example Contact we're testing with is Hugh, ID taken from site URI is 82626000001775749, this is just the primary key ID which migrated over from our previous Zoho CRM.

First screenshot I queried call_contact to find any records related to Hugh's ID

Second screenshot I took the resultant call_id rows from call_contact and searched them in call table

Third screenshot is same call_id values from call_contact now searching in call_user.

Sales Rep Tara's User_ID is the 618bd7eeb7a98f007 we see on call_user table, I believe both of those are from my imports (one I reverted from other day) since Tara hasn't actually called on this particular Contact Hugh yet

What is weird is that my imported Call, the "touching base/sharing new info" from when Tara called this Contact while we were on previous Zoho CRM is showing in the same spots on these tables that my newly created test Call that I logged is found...

So I am unsure if these tables are contributing to the issue/bug I'm experiencing or not. call_user has both my newly created test call as well as previously imported call which is still missing from the History panel.

Comment

We have managed to fix this issue and I would like to share the result here so anyone with will have such issue will get benefit.

History & Activities panels are fetchig the events filtered by status.

For example, for Calls:
            - the history will fetch ["Held", "Not Held"]
            - the activities will fetch ["Planned"]

You can see those status on scopes JSON files like here
            You can customize it on custom folder.
            CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
            Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Working...
            X