Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the field level conditions be set using workflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the field level conditions be set using workflow?

My scenario is that I have defined 3 fields - "scope", "status" and "checklist" under the Case Entity. I need to set the "checklist" field to be "required" based on the following conditions:
    (1) if "scope" = Admission and "status" = assigned
    (2) if "scope" = Discharge and "status" = closed
    (3) if "scope" = Treatment or Surgery and "status" = procedure.

The "scope" and "status" fields are both ENUM fields with the values.

Tried this under the field level conditions setting for the "checklist" field but it just went whacky as defining the AND/OR clauses were confusing and ended up conflicting. The best and clearer way would be to use workflow. Unfortunately, I could not do it, perhaps i am not sure.

Need all the help on this one. Thank you in advance.

I don't think it's possible through Workflow. Workflow don't have such permissions.
    Please let me know what is confusing for you in OR/AND statements. I'll do my best to help you.

Comment

Hi emillod , Thank you for responding and sorry for the late reply. Screenshot_1 shows the field definition and screenshot_2 and 3 show the dynamic logic condition for field visibility. What should happen is that the field should be visible only on these condition:

(1) "scope of case" is one in (admission, Guarantee Letter, Inpatient Topup or Topup) and "Status" is "assigned"

OR

(2) "scope of case" is one in (discharge) and "Status" is "closed"

OR

(3) "scope of case" is one in (claims, payment) and "Status" is "Pending".

What is set in the dynamic logic does not seem to work. when i set any of the conditions. Appreciate your help.

Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm... looks like no help here

Comment

Sorry for no response, but i have a lot notifications from forum, so sometimes i can miss something.
          If i understood correctly, your logic should look more like this: https://i.imgur.com/G9A5mRi.png

I don't have time to recreate all fields with all values, but you should start from OR, then set requirements, and if you want to setup condition for second rule, just start with AND as another option of OR, and then set this second rule like on screenshot.

Comment

• murugappan
            murugappan commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi @emilod, I will try that and update. Thank you so much.
        Working...
        X