Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample data for development/testing/demo

Hi,

is possible have sample data to populate a development/test/demo environment?

I look forward in docs and forum but I can't find nothing about that.

Thank's

Yes you can, just copy the php config files, you only will lost attatchments files

EDIT:
    As I know there is no sample data ready for installation, maybe it is good idea to have option on setup to install sample data.

Anyway you can import some csv files quickly to accounts & contacts.
    Last edited by eymen-elkum; 10-26-2021, 04:22 AM.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Hi eymen-elkum , not sure if post in the wrong thread or not. I can't seem to understand how your post is related.

I think you probably want to Feature Request this acuf.

Comment

• eymen-elkum
        eymen-elkum commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, seems I misunderstood the post, I thought he want to use the same database for three crm copies

You can generate sample data with faker (https://github.com/fzaninotto/Faker) and then use them

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
        I think you probably want to Feature Request this acuf.
        Ok, I dont' know if was already possible populate database with sample data then I use General Discussion and not Feature Request

espcrm d​​​​​o I have to write a new post in Feature Request or it's possible move this one?

Comment

Originally posted by acuf View Post

Ok, I dont' know if was already possible populate database with sample data then I use General Discussion and not Feature Request

espcrm d​​​​​o I have to write a new post in Feature Request or it's possible move this one?
          I have a feeling there there might already a sample data set, low amount but at least it there. I'm not sure how espocrm does it but their demo clearly have default data that probably get reset daily. See it here: demo.espocrm.com/

I'm not sure if it because they enable "Demo" mode, which I remember seeing that config setting. Or it because it just get restore on a daily basis.

I'm leaning on the no sample data at this stage.

As for making a new post, yes you would need to do that; as for possible to move, yes it can be move by a Moderator or Admin; unfortunately I am neither one of those. I'm just a user like yourself and it is time to introduce you to the "wiki": https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...ign/wiki/Home/

Comment

Originally posted by dimyy View Post
            You can generate sample data with faker (https://github.com/fzaninotto/Faker) and then use them
            thank you dimyy , if I understood correctly with Faker it's all to develop, every filed (mandatory at least) in ever entity ... not so little task, I'm looking if there is something almost ready out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post

I have a feeling there there might already a sample data set, low amount but at least it there. I'm not sure how espocrm does it but their demo clearly have default data that probably get reset daily. See it here: demo.espocrm.com/

I'm not sure if it because they enable "Demo" mode, which I remember seeing that config setting. Or it because it just get restore on a daily basis.

I'm leaning on the no sample data at this stage.

As for making a new post, yes you would need to do that; as for possible to move, yes it can be move by a Moderator or Admin; unfortunately I am neither one of those. I'm just a user like yourself and it is time to introduce you to the "wiki": https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...ign/wiki/Home/
              espcrm thank's for share wiki ... how many stuff on it!

Comment

Originally posted by acuf View Post

thank you dimyy , if I understood correctly with Faker it's all to develop, every filed (mandatory at least) in ever entity ... not so little task, I'm looking if there is something almost ready out of the box
                You can export-import data from demo.espocrm.com :-)

Comment

Working...
                X