Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .7z files

Hi there,

Has anyone encountered a problem with .7z files?
    If I upload a .7z file into the attachment field and then I press on it when I want to download - the system opens a new window with weird symbols inside (print screen attached). There is no possibility to download anything.
    However, I have no problem uploading and downloading .zip files.

Do you know what is the problem with .7z files?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi, may I firstly ask why do you actually use .7z file extension and not using .zip instead, which is way more stable and "popular"? Thank you

Comment

Looks like it maybe a mime type issue. Seems the browser is being told to display and not download.
      This could be both server side or browser side issue. Have you tried multiple browsers to make sure its not a specific browser?

Comment

Yep, Kyle probably right, it is probably your browser setting to open the file instead of downloading it. Usually most browser nowaday view PDF file in browser and doesn't offer save option by default.

This is similar issue with .7z, you might have set it open 7z file. If you use Firefox you can go into

(Hamburger 3 Line button) > Settings > General > Applications

Scroll down and search for 7z and change it to, "Always Ask" or "Save File".

On the off-chance that it is not browser related, then I don't know how to fix it within EspoCRM coding. Usually people can code to view or download upon clicking.

Comment

alter my colleague encountered this problem and asked for my help.

Kyle espcrm Thanks, guys, after some testing I came up with the conclusion that it's a server-side problem, I will advise my colleague to use .zip for the moment instead of .7z

Comment

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            If that the case that harder to solve as I never done it before, but as it is a general server issue I think there many tutorial on how to fix it.

Alternatively if you colleague is OK with it, tell him to "right click and Save link as" and it should download.

Originally posted by alter View Post
          Hi, may I firstly ask why do you actually use .7z file extension and not using .zip instead, which is way more stable and "popular"? Thank you
          I think 7z give better compression, the developer still alive and working on it and lastly it is "open source". Whereas zip is more compatible with most if not all system and haven't been change or update since it creation.

Comment

Working...
          X