calculate the total amount in the field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calculate the total amount in the field

Hello, I would like to calculate the total amount in the field on the occasion (see attached screen), how can I do this?

Comment

Hi, where do the values in the bottom come from?

Comment

You can probably use this formula: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...titysumrelated

I haven't use it so can't give you advice on how-to.

Edit: Thinking about this I decide to give it a try, took a few minutes to learn how to do it, anyway here how I did it.

Main entity: Contact
        (Custom) Many-to-Many Entity: Assets

In Contact I create a field call, "totalAssets"
        In Assets I create a field call, "assetValue"

The formula I end up using is:

// Calculate Total Assets
        totalAsset = entity\sumRelated('assets', 'assetValue');

---

So it working all nice and good in that it calculate correctly based on my test, the issue here it doesn't refresh the data until I make edit to the Contact... so I think you would need to auto refresh some data using Workflow or you have to use beforesaveHook instead of formula (which is aftersave). Hook is a topic I'm too ignorant in though.

So I guess it not too hard to use the formula above, change assets to the Entity you want, and 'totalAsset' 'assetValue' to the field you want. In your case I think

Assets = ROZpoty
        totalAsset = IDcisloUNIE
        assetValue = celkova...
        Last edited by espcrm; 09-20-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Hi, as espcrm correctly responded, one way to do this is via Formula - easier way for non programming users.

Another way is to write a custom code using afterSave() entity, which would automatically sum all values from ROZPOTYs and updated ID CISLO UNIE - after saving your ROZPOTYs record.

You can see here example code for recalculating Opportunity 'Amount' field everytime I add new or remove OpportunityProduct (custom entity) to the Opportunity:

Info: The method recalculateOpportunityPrice() is being called from afterSave() method on OpportunityProduct

PHP Code:
          /**
          * @param Entity $opportunity Opportunity that its Amount should be recalculated.
          * @returns void Since it only recalculates Amount on Opportunity, nothing is returned.
          */
          private function recalculateOpportunityPrice(Entity $opportunity): void
          {
          $entityManager $this->entityManager;

$opportunityProducts $entityManager
          ->getRepository($this->entityType)
          ->
          getRelation($opportunity'opportunityProducts')
          ->
          find();

$totalAmount 0.00;

foreach (
          $opportunityProducts as $opportunityProduct)
          {
          $price $opportunityProduct->get('totalPrice');

$totalAmount += $price;
          }

$opportunity->set('amount'$totalAmount);

$entityManager->saveEntity($opportunity);

Last edited by alter; 09-21-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X