Assign a user based on an entity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assign a user based on an entity.

Hi, I have a problem. I have created an entity on occasion, I called it "Doctor" through this entity I would like to select a user who will automatically at the same time be assigned to the assigned users. Please how to achieve this?

Hi, you must have this user in your user entity. Then you can go to Entity Manager -> field manager -> assigned user, and there you set the default value by choosing that user.
    If you always want the user, that is currently logged in to be the assigned user, that user must have the correct rigths in Administration -> role and he will become automatically the assigned user, when logging in.

Comment

Originally posted by shalmaxb View Post
      Hi, you must have this user in your user entity. Then you can go to Entity Manager -> field manager -> assigned user, and there you set the default value by choosing that user.
      If you always want the user, that is currently logged in to be the assigned user, that user must have the correct rigths in Administration -> role and he will become automatically the assigned user, when logging in.

I have roles set and assigned. But when I insert a user into an entity, the user does not see the opportunity. Because after saving, the embedded user in the entity is not overwritten in the assigned users. In my opinion, a formula would probably help.

Comment

Do you have screenshots?

Comment

Do you have screenshots?

I attach to the answer. Here you can see that I put the user in different entities. But the tagged user does not see the opportunity. Because it is not in the assigned users. And I need to solve that somehow.

----
          Once marked in entities, the system must automatically insert users into assigned users.
          I just don't know how to do it.

Last edited by sumservis; 09-05-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Hi, I will try to understand:

1. You have an entity called projects, right?
            2. There you have four fields, that are filled with different or - sometimes - with the same user. I guess from the screenshot, taht any of these users has a certain reponsibility in the project, right?
            3. You want, that any user, you put in one of these fields, is an assigned user?

To explain:

The assigned user is the "owner" of the record with the rights specified in the role. You cannot assign more than one user to a record. If you want more than one user to having the same rights as the assigned user, you could do that probably by giving the same rights to any of such users like the ones of the originally assigned user.

Though I do not get it yet, why you would want to have several users as assigned users. Could you explain, why?

Comment

Hi, I will try to understand:

1. You have an entity called projects, right?
              2. There you have four fields, that are filled with different or - sometimes - with the same user. I guess from the screenshot, taht any of these users has a certain reponsibility in the project, right?
              3. You want, that any user, you put in one of these fields, is an assigned user?

To explain:

The assigned user is the "owner" of the record with the rights specified in the role. You cannot assign more than one user to a record. If you want more than one user to having the same rights as the assigned user, you could do that probably by giving the same rights to any of such users like the ones of the originally assigned user.

Though I do not get it yet, why you would want to have several users as assigned users. Could you explain, why?

The point is that the project is created by one user, the user selects different users in these fields, when he does, I want these users to become assigned users. And they had access to the project (the role is set to see only those projects in which they will be assigned users). I have set up that there can be more assigned users. According to this: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ssigned-users/

Comment

3. yes

Comment

Ok, and did you create the relationship as stated in the provided documentation link? Then you should have a field in the sidepanel (where the original assigned user is), from which you could choose the users. This field will be created by the relationship.
                  To fill these fields automatically, I think you could use a formula (entity\setAttribute). I am not sure for this, because I did not try. But it could be the approach.

Comment

Ok, and did you create the relationship as stated in the provided documentation link? Then you should have a field in the sidepanel (where the original assigned user is), from which you could choose the users. This field will be created by the relationship.
                    To fill these fields automatically, I think you could use a formula (entity\setAttribute). I am not sure for this, because I did not try. But it could be the approach.

No style formula - User in entity = assigned user?

Comment

• shalmaxb
                      shalmaxb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don`t understand.
                  Working...
                  X