Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Panel Order

Hello,

I would like to rearrange the order of the Side Panels to Activities, Tasks, History (from default Activities, History & Tasks). Having followed "How to customize subpanel display", it states "navigate to Administration > Layout Manager > choose the desired type of entity > select the type of subpanel you want to edit." Then " Rearranging the order of the panels. To change the order of the displayed panels, just drag & drop the needed panel in the Enabled section to the position you like."

Having done this and hitting save, logging out and back in or clearing cache the order always remains as default.

Can somebody please advise?

Thanks

Glenn

I just tried this with my custom "Tenancy" entity and it works without a problem:

Administration > Layout Manager > Tenancies > Side Panels (Detail)

Originally I had two panels "Tasks" on top and below "Collection Issues"

Switched the panels to have "Collection Issues" on top and "Tasks" below

Clicked "Save"

Reloaded the page (Ctrl + R)

The new layout works fine in Tenancy detail view.

To make sure that the change was implemented, I checked that the script custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/Layouts/Tenancy/sidePanelsDetail.json was created and that the panels were in the order that I had specified.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Side Panels 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	74364

Click image for larger version  Name:	Side Panels 1 Code.JPG Views:	0 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	74365

If you would like to change also the side panels order in Edit mode, then you would repeat this operation selecting the Side Panels (Edit) layout.

Hope this helps

Update:

Wanted to point out that this specific solution (changing the order in which side panels are displayed) DOES NOT require any coding, the custom script displayed above is automatically created by Espo
    Last edited by telecastg; 09-10-2021, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Link to thread since I think telecastg was referring to this: Coding Tutorial: How to display related entities in a side panel by telecastg - https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...n-a-side-panel

Comment

• telecastg
        telecastg commented
        Editing a comment
        This implementation actually did not require any coding, but to make more custom changes it might require it as you correctly point out espcrm

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        So this new method you can just add ~3 lines of code which essentially is just the entity name and it will work?

Now I don't feel lazy anymore. Thank you!

IMPORTANT! Edit: Nevermind, this is more about the visual display "order" of side panels. I guess I didn't read properly. I will keep what I written in this comments because other might be like me. If you want to add custom entity to side panel still need to follow the thread.
        Last edited by espcrm; 09-10-2021, 02:55 AM.
    Working...
    X