No announcement yet.

EspoCRM Web App Verification by Google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EspoCRM Web App Verification by Google?

Howdy,

I'm having trouble all of a sudden connecting my users' email addresses (Gmail via Google Workspace) to EspoCRM... This was last confirmed working when I first connected one of my user's emails which was 2 Mondays (8/16) ago! I called Google Tech Support and they said it could be due to EspoCRM not being verified by them yet??? Has anyone seen or heard this nonsense before? All they did was have me go to Admin > Security > API Controls > App Access Control > EspoCRM Cloud Trial and set Espo as a Trusted application, however this for some reason isn't enough it seems.

I now repeatedly get Error 500s when trying to use the OAuth connect... This happens for multiple of my end-users as well as my own company email. If I set a security setting to ON on the Google Account settings for "Allow less secure apps access" then IMAP/SSL993 and SMTP/TLS587 seem to work OK, however the problem with this is that you cannot use this alternative if you have 2FA setup on your Google account, which some of my users do have! "Allow less secure apps access" is automatically set to OFF if 2FA is enabled and can't be changed.

I've check ALL my other domain, GMail app, authentication, and security settings & config across the Google Workspace Admin site and nothing else should be affecting this...

This is happening on my EspoCloud trial, so am unable to access web server logs! I have notified their support though. Anyone else absolutely despise the way google does these things giving Admins like us no way to remedy the problem situation they started!?? Has happened too many times by now in my career...

Hello Zosh
    unfortunatelly i don't have good news for you. In most cases when i configured this extension for a clients, there was similar issue. He had to enable less secure apps access, before he was able to connect google account with success. I configured google integration extensions on selfhosted instances of EspoCRM and i havn't any other option than enable less secure apps access, even with access to logs I hope EspoCRM devs are working on something which will allow access also people with 2FA.

Of course it's possible that it's already possible and i missed something

Comment

I figured out the issue... It seems like 'Gmail Connect' OAuth link refuses to work unless you enable the Google integration. BUT, I of course can't enable the Google integration because I can't have ALL my domain-wide company emails being shown in the ALL email mailbox within EspoCRM!! This goes back to my other issue from 2 weeks ago...

Once Google Integration is switched on and my Client ID and Secret are copied into Espo, Gmail Connects work fine again, at the expense of every email within my email domain flooding into the ALL mailbox though.

I don't understand why I can't just link individual email accounts via OAuth WITHOUT bringing in ALL my company emails into the system??? Why would any structured company want this??? The HR guy and the company owners and everyone in between who don't even have EspoCRM accounts, their emails flood into the damn ALL email mailbox if you integrate Google OAuth... This ALL mailbox is so incredibly frustrating and I'm tired of dealing with this nonsensical feature!!

Comment

Working...
      X