Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create new contact

Hi there

Since the last update I have a problem when creating a new contact.
    I click on the button "create new contact", enter the data as name and account, then I click save. In the list of the contacts, the new contact appears without account information. Even in the export file there ist no account information.
    But it seams to be there because when I edit the new created contact, select the account and click save, it tells me, that there is no change.

There is something else: When I creat a contact out from an account (I open an account and add there an new contact) it works fine.

I tried this on the test plattform from you. There is no problem.

I allready rebuild the application, cleard the cache.

I tried to find out where the problem can be, but I have no idea.

Can anybody help me? What could be the problem here, where should I look to.

I created some videos and csv files, but i can't upload it here. There are to big.

Thanks for the help.

Alessandro
    Last edited by asebaste; 08-18-2021, 08:14 AM.

Hello, as always, have a look first in the log file (data/logs). If you cannot detect anything there, post it here. To upload big files, use a cloud service and post the link here.

Comment

Hi, I check the data/logs, but there are no files.

Thanks for the hint with the link, here it is:

Comment

Did you created any workflows/hooks to this entity?

Comment

No, I don't have any workflow at all.
          Here you found more Informations:
          Last edited by asebaste; 08-18-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

If you could share your custom folder here, it may be helpful.

Comment

I hope you meand this.
              Thank you
              Attached Files

Comment

I installed your custom folder here and this error occurs here, too.

There are two link fields in your entity contacts: Link between account (sing.) and Contacts, and Multiple Link between accounts (pl.) and contacts. The field, that is shown in your detail view is the second one (pl.).

For the singular account (Firma) there is no linked field as the relationship is missing.

I created a new relationship between account (sing.) and contacts (I called it Firma einzeln), put it in the layout and it is displayed.

I do not understand, why the single account is not in the relationships. It is the same in the demo installation on the espoCRM website. There is only a relationship with accounts (pl.).

Comment

• yuri
                  yuri commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not the reason.

I'm happy that you could verify the error.
                Now, what does it mean for me. Is there something I should change on my source or does it mean, that the bug will be fixed in the next release?
                Thank you for your time.

Comment

The issue is that you added Account field to the Default Side Panel layout. You have two fields Accounts and Account that are conflicting each other. You need to remove it from the side panel.

Comment

I removed the Account (single) from the side panel at it works. I added Acounts (plural) and it works as well. I add Account (single) again and there it is, the error

OK. Now I removed Account (single) and everything is working fine.

I suppose any field could be added. So this seems to be a bug, right?

For me its ok now.

Thank you for the support.

Comment

• yuri
                      yuri commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't consider this a bug. It's a peculiarity of the system that is not easy to fix.

• shalmaxb
                      shalmaxb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What I do not understand: Why is there no relationship between contact and account, when the account (sing.) is a link field.Is that coded somewhere out of the relationship configuration of the entity contact?
                      And if I create a relationship (link from account to contact), cloning that behaviour, it works.

• asebaste
                      asebaste commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hint: In version 6.1.7 this was not a problem. Something changed in 6.1.8
                  Working...
                  X