Branding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding

Hello! I wanted to know if I could use EspoCRM as a program from which to start my own CRM platform with the aim of redistributing it (free of charge, of course). I have a team and we have already started making nice changes, we have implemented a lot of things.

So, my question is whether I could change the EspoCRM name and logo? I will mention in the license file that this program was built on EspoCRM.

Thank you!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

You probably have to read their licensing here: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...er/LICENSE.txt

It use the license: GNU General Public License v3.0

I read through it briefly and it seem like you can, it just that with some file you have to keep the code and the license as is. In most case I think people would "Fork" it on Github and work from there.

As for me, I look forward to any changes and implementation, perhaps a Pull Request to the EspoCRM branch would also be good. I understand that where the problem is also, not all Pull Request get accepted but if you create your own fork/version any change can just get accepted.

The bad is: creating another version will make EspoCRM worse in the sense that it might divide the community, usually most fork/version is create because (1) change in project direction and (2) dead and inactive project.

Anyway I look forward to what you have in place! What your original language? I see this post is a translated post using machine translation.

Note: I'm just a user like yourself, I'm not an team member of EspoCRM.

Comment

Working...
    X