Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Assigned User when creating new record from Portal

Hi,

I've created a custom entity and provided access to the custom entity for portal user to create new record.

However, when creating the new record, the assigned user is mandatory despite removing the required check box in the field.

When the portal user creates new entry without assigned user, it shows error 403.

Is there a way to default the assigned user to the portal user?

Thanks

Hello,

To create new entry by a portal user without assigned one, you should go to the Entity manager, then click on the entity you need. There, click on the "Fields", choose "Assigned user" and remove it from "Required". After that you can create a new record only with portal user.

Comment

Originally posted by Katia View Post
      Hello,

To create new entry by a portal user without assigned one, you should go to the Entity manager, then click on the entity you need. There, click on the "Fields", choose "Assigned user" and remove it from "Required". After that you can create a new record only with portal user.
      Hi Katia thanks for your reply. I've already removed the required check box.

Despite removing that, the error I'm getting is error 403

To clarify, I'm asking how the assigned user can be defaulted to the user who's creating the record. In this case, the portal user.
      Last edited by Sathya; 07-30-2021, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sathya View Post

To clarify, I'm asking how the assigned user can be defaulted to the user who's creating the record. In this case, the portal user.
        Do the portal users also exist as regular users in the system or as contacts? If they are contacts, then the record cannot be assigned to them.

Comment

• Sathya
          Sathya commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah this is interesting information. Yes, they exist as contacts. So, I should create the portal user without creating them as contacts as well. I'll try this out!

Hi there.
        The portal user cannot be assigned to a record. An assigned user can only be a user of a system (employee). A Portal user is your customer. All that you can do is to define a Formula that will be assign a user to a record created by a portal user. But again, it shouldn't be a portal user.

Comment

Working...
        X