Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email placeholders from a custom entity with a many-to-many relationship to leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email placeholders from a custom entity with a many-to-many relationship to leads

Hi there,

I've searched and done some trial-and-error to figure this out, but can't find the solution.
    • I have a custom entity called "Region"
    • I have populated several entries under Region so I can select one when creating a new Lead.
    • Regions have Many-to-Many relationships for Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities.
    • I've updated the Layouts for each Detail view (for Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities) so the Region field is selectable.
    • I'm trying to create an email template to send messages to Leads that references the selected Region for a Lead, but I can't figure out how to get the Region to show up as a placeholder. It displays as its own entity but doesn't populate in the email.
    My email template looks like this:

Code:
    Hi {Lead.firstName},

I'm reaching out in attempt to find a contact in the {Region.name} area.
    This doesn't connect the Region name to the related Lead, but Region isn't listed as a placeholder option under Lead.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
    Scott

You seem to be doing it right, if Region is how you do the many-to-many relationship name then it should work. I just checked my email template and it setup like that too.

Can you share screenshot of the Many-to-Many relationship for your region?

Comment

yuri I'm begging you, ban this spammer changelsGood

Comment

• esforim
        esforim commented
        Editing a comment
        Tried using the "Flag" button, I think if multiple people report it might push up on the Moderate queue list.

• emillod
        emillod commented
        Editing a comment
        esforim oh you're right, i tried to find it, but i didn't noticed flag. I'll use it now. Thanks!

Hi esforim and emillod. Thank you for your kind support. I've resolved your requests.
      Regards.

Comment

Working...
      X