Finding Contacts where the primary email is invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Contacts where the primary email is invalid

Hi, how can I find Contact records where the primary email address is invalid?

I have looked at exports, and filters and they give access to "opted out", but I cannot find reference to the invalid flag.

To complicate things, once I get a list of them, I want to set their primary account to "Inactive", so suggestions on this would be appreciated to.

I am happy with BPM, Workflows, Search Filters, Reports or anything else. This is a one off task, I don't really care how I do it.

Thanks.

Hi, for a quick and dirty solution to a one time job, I would use plain vanilla SQL and run a query in phpMyAdmin like this:

Code:
    Update account_contact SET is_inactive = true Where contact_id In
    (Select
    contact.id
    From
    account_contact
    Inner Join contact
    On account_contact.contact_id = contact.id
    Inner Join entity_email_address
    On contact.id = entity_email_address.entity_id
    Inner Join email_address
    On entity_email_address.email_address_id = email_address.id
    Where
    entity_email_address.entity_type = "Contact" And
    email_address.invalid)

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately, I run on the SaaS platform, so don't have access to phpMyAdmin.

Thinking this through, I may also need access to this flag to filter data e.g. take people off a Target LIst if their email is invalid.

Thanks

Comment

• telecastg
        telecastg commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome, if the flag is not available through workflows, formula or any other SaaS available methods, perhaps it is good candidate for feature request.
    Working...
    X