Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inactive contacts in activities

Hi

If I open an account in EspoCRM, then all inactive contacts are struck through. But if I create an oppertunity, call or meeting in this account and want to add contacts, all contacts (active and inactive) are show, and the inactive ones are not struck through.

Could you adjust that in a further release by either striking the inactive ones trough, or by setting a default filter like "Actives"?

Hello,
    Could you provide screenshots with some steps to reproduce it? It sounds vague so far.

Comment

Yes, of course.

Here you can see the view in an account, where one of four contacts is inactive:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Contacts in Accounts.png
Views:	373
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	71495

And if I now create an oppertunity (could also be a call or meeting -> same behaviour) in this account, and want to add contacts to the oppertunity, the view is like this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Contacts in Oppertunities.png
Views:	370
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	71496
      As you can see there is no way to see, that one of those four choosable contacts is inactive...

I hope you can understand my point now.

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        I think because that popup automatic (by default) filter out inactive contact. You can press that "x" button to disable the filter or you need to code a new "default-view" (custom-view). This is by design choice of Espo I think, and it quite hard to change the design image choice of Yuri (developer)

• lucakuehne
        lucakuehne commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it does not filter out the inactive contacts in the popup by default. That is exactly my problem... It would also be a solution, to just strike trough the inactive contacts in the popup (like in the account view).
        Last edited by lucakuehne; 06-10-2021, 06:18 AM.

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I see. My bad as I based on the screenshot. At the end of the day the answer doesn't change, you would need to create a new default views and my comments about developer doesn't change either.

You can disregard the "x" button comments.

I think it's propper behaviour. Because you should be able to see all contacts under your account - active and inactive. But when you want to add contact to opportunity, then you only need active.

Comment

• lucakuehne
        lucakuehne commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I completely agree: The view in the contacts is perfect like this.
        But when you want add a contact to a oppertunity/call/meeting, then the inactive contacts should get striked trough (like in the account view).

• emillod
        emillod commented
        Editing a comment
        lucakuehne, actually no, it shouldn't, because why you want to assign INACTIVE contact to something new? It's pointless. IMHO of course.
        + you still CAN assign inactive contact to this record, but you have to remove filter. I think it great approach, because by default you shouldn't see those inactive contacts.
        I hope espo will also add those filters to field(if you enter name of inactivee contact in link field, then you'll be able to find him)

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        For me personally I tend to add in non-digitalize or non-CRM data to inactive and closed Case, etc too. That would be one one case use where inactive contact is relevant. But I think I'm a minority user, so for solution, I just find a work-around method if I ever ran into this issue.
    Working...
    X