Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculation wth rounded numbers

Hello,
    I have a value field, that is calculated by two other fields and by formula it outputs a rounded value. I have to continue calculationg with that rounded value, but instead of using the rounded value

Hi,
    > I have to continue calculationg with that rounded value, but instead of using the rounded value
    It sounds very complicated Could you provide some explanations with screenshots to shed more light on your request?

Comment

Maximus , you are right, it is confusing, because my question lacks the second part, maybe I hit post too early.
      Well then, another try:

I have a field, where I need a currency value, that has to be rounded (above 1000 € in hundreds, below in tens). So I made a formula, where this value is calculated from the values of two other fields.

Example:

Field 1: value=8,27
      Field 2: value= 120

Calculated result field is 8,27 x 140, which is 1.157,80, rounded the result is 1.200 €

So far this works. Now I use the rounded value for following calculations, for example, I want 15% of that rounded value, which would be 180.
      But in fact it calculates 173,67, which is the result of 15% the not rounded value.

​​​​​​​How can I get the 15% from the rounded value?

Comment

Could you provide your Formula?

Comment

This question to provide the formula revealed my error in the formula. I had overseen, that I rounded the result two times in different places and with that the formula did not work correctly.
          I apologize for causing work and thank you for your efforts.

Comment

Working...
          X